Mac or PC? And what applications do you use for your classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exilio

Jocular Junior
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

This may be a lame question, but what platform do you use and what apps are a must?

I use several different apps right now on my Mac. But I also have a PC. The dilemma is I need to sell one because I am wasting the two machines.

So I am looking for my fellow wanna-be med students to help me make up my mind with what platform to stick to.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by exilio
Hey all,

This may be a lame question, but what platform do you use and what apps are a must?

I use several different apps right now on my Mac. But I also have a PC. The dilemma is I need to sell one because I am wasting the two machines.

So I am looking for my fellow wanna-be med students to help me make up my mind with what platform to stick to.

Thanks in advance.

No not again. I'm not going to waste my breath.... doh, ok really quickly...

Get a Mac. No viruses, no compatibility problems, no crashes, price difference is not what it used to be, powerbooks are uber-light, and they just rock. Done.

I have a DP G5..so I know all about the Mac.

My dilemma is that I need to choose whether to keep my Mac or PC. It seems silly to have both at this point.

I need to keep the one that will be the best all around platform. I play games occasionally, but I really need it for school, email and surfing the web.

I have lots of great software for my Mac...but if I sell the Mac I would get substantially more money for it than for my PC.

:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
If you enjoy playing games, the choice is clear: PC! All the good games come out for the PC first and the Mac way later, if at all.

Lots of schools are moving towards using PDA's with Microsoft software. I know Wayne requires all incoming students to have one with the Microsoft operating system, for this reason, having a PC would probably be ideal with increased compatibility.

Thanks for the responses.

I think since I liek to play games, for the 5 minutes a month I get a chance to, and because I could really use the money from selling my Mac..I'll go PC. ;)

Macs? Do they still make those?