Mac or PC? And what applications do you use for your classes?

exilio

Jocular Junior
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2004
Northern Cal
    Hey all,

This may be a lame question, but what platform do you use and what apps are a must?

I use several different apps right now on my Mac. But I also have a PC. The dilemma is I need to sell one because I am wasting the two machines.

So I am looking for my fellow wanna-be med students to help me make up my mind with what platform to stick to.

Thanks in advance.

E

Eraserhead

Originally posted by exilio
      Hey all,

This may be a lame question, but what platform do you use and what apps are a must?

I use several different apps right now on my Mac. But I also have a PC. The dilemma is I need to sell one because I am wasting the two machines.

So I am looking for my fellow wanna-be med students to help me make up my mind with what platform to stick to.

Thanks in advance.

No not again. I'm not going to waste my breath.... doh, ok really quickly...

Get a Mac. No viruses, no compatibility problems, no crashes, price difference is not what it used to be, powerbooks are uber-light, and they just rock. Done.

exilio

Jocular Junior
      7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jan 4, 2004
      Northern Cal
        I have a DP G5..so I know all about the Mac.

My dilemma is that I need to choose whether to keep my Mac or PC. It seems silly to have both at this point.

I need to keep the one that will be the best all around platform. I play games occasionally, but I really need it for school, email and surfing the web.

I have lots of great software for my Mac...but if I sell the Mac I would get substantially more money for it than for my PC.

:confused:

About the Ads

ddmo

BMF
        15+ Year Member
        Sep 8, 2003
          Lots of schools are moving towards using PDA's with Microsoft software. I know Wayne requires all incoming students to have one with the Microsoft operating system, for this reason, having a PC would probably be ideal with increased compatibility.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.