Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Mac or PC? And what applications do you use for your classes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by exilio, Apr 9, 2004.

1. exilio

exilio Jocular Junior
    7+ Year Member

Hey all,

This may be a lame question, but what platform do you use and what apps are a must?

I use several different apps right now on my Mac. But I also have a PC. The dilemma is I need to sell one because I am wasting the two machines.

So I am looking for my fellow wanna-be med students to help me make up my mind with what platform to stick to.

Thanks in advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. No not again. I'm not going to waste my breath.... doh, ok really quickly...

Get a Mac. No viruses, no compatibility problems, no crashes, price difference is not what it used to be, powerbooks are uber-light, and they just rock. Done.

4. exilio

exilio Jocular Junior
    7+ Year Member

I have a DP G5..so I know all about the Mac.

My dilemma is that I need to choose whether to keep my Mac or PC. It seems silly to have both at this point.

I need to keep the one that will be the best all around platform. I play games occasionally, but I really need it for school, email and surfing the web.

I have lots of great software for my Mac...but if I sell the Mac I would get substantially more money for it than for my PC.

:confused:

5. Alexander99

Alexander99 Ghetto Fabulous
    7+ Year Member

If you enjoy playing games, the choice is clear: PC! All the good games come out for the PC first and the Mac way later, if at all.

6. ddmo

ddmo BMF
    10+ Year Member

Lots of schools are moving towards using PDA's with Microsoft software. I know Wayne requires all incoming students to have one with the Microsoft operating system, for this reason, having a PC would probably be ideal with increased compatibility.

7. exilio

exilio Jocular Junior
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the responses.

I think since I liek to play games, for the 5 minutes a month I get a chance to, and because I could really use the money from selling my Mac..I'll go PC. ;)

8. flighterdoc

flighterdoc Rocket Scientist
    7+ Year Member

Macs? Do they still make those?