Mac vs PC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothguy1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Incoming D1, would love to hear some different perspectives. Also if anyone has any experience post dental school, I was wondering if one option was preferred over the other as a practicing dentist. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Most people, including myself, would say stick with what you are more familiar!
I prefer PC because of the variety of apps that Microsoft Office offers that I can edit anything and PDF editor is handy for lecture note taking. And in general, Apple stuff is $$$.

Reactions: 1 user
The majority of dental offices (and businesses in general) use windows computers. Your school will most likely use windows in their clinic for charting ect.

In terms of a computer for personal/classroom use during dental school, you can use whatever you want. You will be reading PDFs/PowerPoints and using the internet. You can use an iPad, tablet, laptop, surface... whatever you want to use. I think the ideal for me during class is an iPad with the Apple pencil, but you can succeed with anything you chose to use.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Check the school requirement first. My school required we have a MacBook computer AND an iPad with the pencil

Check the school requirement first. My school required we have a MacBook computer AND an iPad with the pencil
Dang that seems like overkill. I understand requiring a computer that meets certain specs, but requiring a computer AND iPad w/pencil? Lol come on