magazines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Badger Girl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I'm selling magazines for a club I belong to and I'm trying to decide what to order. There are a few animal-related ones that I am looking at. The only one that I am at all familiar with is Dog Fancy. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the following:

AKC Gazette- tagline "Official magazine of the American Kennel Club"
AKC Family Dog- "All the best for your purebred pet" (although it actually says purebread)
Dog World- "Everything you need for recreational & high performance canine athletes"

Thanks for your input 😀
 
Any horse-related ones? Horse people are crazy about their magazines.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who's your target buyer? pre-vets? other students?

If you want a veterinary related magazine, "Veterinary Medicine" is a good peer-reviewed magazine that's pretty easy to follow esp. for science majors.

"Equus" is also a good magazine with a lot of basic horse health information (written for horse owners/enthusiasts versus veterinary community)
"Practical Horseman" is a magazine targeted towards English riders.
"Horse Illustrated" is more geared towards western riders and also gives a lot of tips on basic horse care.

I hope that helps 🙂
 
i REALLY like BARK magazine and Animal Fair. i think those are pretty trendy and fun to read. 🙂 check them out at petsmart. they sell them there. 🙂