Mahul Amin joining Labcorp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Med Director New England

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In case you hadn’t heard
See LinkedIn for his announcement

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2A441430-8BC5-418F-B403-19A8F66BEAEF.jpeg
    2A441430-8BC5-418F-B403-19A8F66BEAEF.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 132
While I can't confirm or deny based on hearsay, but I heard he had a falling out with his previous academic department.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is that a big news?
I do think it is “a big news” or at least big news :)

sort of an FYI post but not everyday that a die hard academic, well known former chair, etc... leaves for a big corporate lab. Also notably he will be one of the highest ranking MDs in the company who is a pathologist and probably the highest who focuses on AP only & doesn’t have a mostly CP background.

Odd move IMO. But who knows what the story is.

I have heard UC is quite dysfunctional and even moreso now in COVID times...

Not too interesting to me. I don't get it

He was at Emory then Cedars, I somehow thought he was at UCLA...Uropath guy.

I swear I have met him before, maybe CAP meeting when it was in BC Canada like forever ago.

Best "personality" pathologists in academia: Appelman at UMich, Larry Weiss now at Neo and Joe Chaffin. I love to be entertained at a conference, when those actually existed and those guys hit the mark. Maybe throw Marty Mihm in there from Harvard, Cotran of course. Gerry Berry at Stanford.

Appelman is legendary though.

I do think it is “a big news” or at least big news :)

sort of an FYI post but not everyday that a die hard academic, well known former chair, etc... leaves for a big corporate lab. Also notably he will be one of the highest ranking MDs in the company who is a pathologist and probably the highest who focuses on AP only & doesn’t have a mostly CP background.
Also, wasn't he the chief editor of AJCC staging manual 8th edn?
Uncommon honor for a pathologist I think

He hosts a dinner at USCAP every year for GU folks. It's a good time and he's an interesting guy.