Mailing date question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choiboi53

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was in the 1st batch 6/27 mailing date, but I called a few schools to hold my application until they receive my DAT score. Then the second mailing date for my updated DAT was 7/18. Which mailing date do I go by and which batch would I be in? Would I still be in the 1st batch?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

AADSAS will send your application even if you don't have DAT scores yet (but if everything else is complete). When you get your DAT scores they will resend your application. So even though you told the individual schools to hold your app, AADSAS sent it at both mailing dates. Most likely schools won't look at you until you have DAT scores anyway so I would go by the second mailing date because that is when your application is complete with DAT scores.

AADSAS will send your application even if you don't have DAT scores yet (but if everything else is complete). When you get your DAT scores they will resend your application. So even though you told the individual schools to hold your app, AADSAS sent it at both mailing dates. Most likely schools won't look at you until you have DAT scores anyway so I would go by the second mailing date because that is when your application is complete with DAT scores.

Oh ic. Thanks for the response!

Members don't see this ad :)

Wait, so even if they already had my old DAT score, if i told them to hold my application for my new retake DAT, they would put me in a later batch?

AADSAS does not hold applications. When everything is complete they mail it out.

If you told the individual schools to hold your application for your new score, when they receive your application they will put your application on hold at that particular school until AADSAS sends the new application with your new scores. Once they receive the new completed application with your new scores, they will "un-hold" you and start the application review process.

As far as how much the school looks at your application while they are waiting for your scores, I don't know. I'm assuming little to none. Which is why I say to go by the second mailing date because that is when the schools will receive your final complete application and will start reviewing it.

Having said that, it is much better that you submitted your application before retaking the DAT, just in case there were any problems in submitting, etc.

Oh I get it now. Thanks for your response! I guess I was just wondering why I still haven't heard from Indiana yet when other people already got interview offers and rejections. But i guess they haven't gotten to my application yet.

Oh I get it now. Thanks for your response! I guess I was just wondering why I still haven't heard from Indiana yet when other people already got interview offers and rejections. But i guess they haven't gotten to my application yet.

I agree with dream18

Its been less than 2 weeks since they got your updated app with the new DAT. so theyre probably going through it and hopefully youll hear from them soon. good luck!