Mailing Secondaries via USPS, UPS, Fedex...etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuzzywuz

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so I'm just wondering what you guys prefer based on experience and word of mouth?

I'm leaning towards USPS and Fedex...

If I go with USPS, I'll likely use priority.

If you also pick priority, what other services did you add (e.g. tracking, certified, delivery confirm, etc)?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used regular mail. As in I sent it with a postage stamp and it always got there. I only used priority or express if I was in a crunch. Save your money for interviews.

I just stick a couple stamps on an envelope and put it in the mailbox. Haven't had any problems... the stuff you are talking about (especially FedEx) just seems unnecessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
i send it priority us.mail just because i like having delivery confirmation. but i do this when i send stuff to friends and things so it might just be a bit of OCD ;)

costs $5.45 to do it this way

The process is expensive enough. Just use regular mail. I printed off all labels and mailed them off in those large 9x12 inch envelopes. 2 to 3 stamps on each

I use certified mail too. I think 5 bucks is totally worth it since after having put in all the hard work, getting something lost in the mail could really screw things up.

i used USPS flat rate priority mailing envelopes with delivery confirmation because you can track your package :) and the one time i did not do this, for my FAP supporting documents, it all got lost in the mail and i had to resend, so I am not taking any chances.

Fedex doesn't deliver to PO boxes I don't think, better stick with USPS