Major Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nottingham

Accepted Pharmacy Student
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I thought taking the PCATs in State College (home of Penn State University) last weekend was bad enough because it was move-in day. Well, I survived that, thought I did terribly on the test so I signed up for the October 18th one, again in State College. Tonight I try to find a hotel room for the 17th as I live 2.5 hours away, and there is NOTHING. I cannot find a single room, for any price, anywhere within 75 miles of State College. I search around to find the reason and I learned that the weekend of October 18th is HOMECOMING WEEKEND AGAINST MICHIGAN.

Man, I am toast. What do I do? I can cancel my test and sign up for another location, losing my $125. Or do I try leave at 5am and hope I don't run into traffic trying to make my way into Happy Valley? Is anyone else signed up to take it there and already have a room? If so, I'd willing split the cost and sleep on the floor.

As if I don't have enough stress right now...
 
Save yourself the stress and just sign up for another one.

And I'm sure if you cancel before a certain date, you actually get half your money back instead of losing all of it.
 
Id call up Harcourt and see if they will let you change the testing location to one that will have hotel rooms available....

If they dont let you do that check out local hostels or camping grounds. Try searching on craigslist in that area to see if anyone has a spare room.

If taking the test can wait, you could also just get 50% of your money back and cancel.