Glycogen

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I am having Biology as my first major which I finished last year and chemistry as second major and have not finished it.Would they consider biology as 1st degree chem 2nd or they are both will be considered as one degree?
Thanks

jigabodo

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2006
Louisville, KY
Status
Dentist
I am having Biology as my first major which I finished last year and chemistry as second major and have not finished it.Would they consider biology as 1st degree chem 2nd or they are both will be considered as one degree?
Thanks
That should be 2 separate degrees. There are places where you can put both degrees down.

DGDDS

10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Usually you are awarded one degree from a university (with one or multiple majors). Most colleges have extra requirements and classes (language, math, social sciences) that you take, which while aren't in your major, count towards a degree. Unless you satisfy these requirements TWICE you are only awarded one degree. An additional degree usually means a lot more college.

In your situation it sounds like you've earned either a BS or BA degree, with biology being your first major and chem your second. You can always also ask your prehealth adviser about this as well.