makin day money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cardioman1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yo, yo, yo what up sons:

how much do dem non-invasive cardiologists make each year vs. an invasive cardiologist vs. an interventional cardiologist?

I know, ma peeps been sayin it varies on how much i wanna work and all, but gimme a ruff figure on what I can expect to make once I finish my 3+3 for non-invasive? much respekt to yall.

C-man

Members don't see this ad.

yo yo yo, what up c-foo.

props to ya for finding dis here site, and implementing that higher education you got. bust out the net skillz you gained during your schoolin' and look it up. mucho peeps have dropped some knowledge out dere.

dunno an exact number, but i'd be willing to wager enough to roll the way u'ze wanna.

Thank you for your reply, good Sir. While I understand that this is a public forum and we are encouraged to ask questions, I apologize for not searching before posting my inquiry. I have since conducted a search, but I am still having difficulty finding the information I am looking for. So, I will ask again.

If anyone has a family member or has close ties to an interventional cardiologist, can you please tell me what their average annual salary is? Thank you in advace.

C-man

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply, good Sir. While I understand that this is a public forum and we are encouraged to ask questions, I apologize for not searching before posting my inquiry. I have since conducted a search, but I am still having difficulty finding the information I am looking for. So, I will ask again.

If anyone has a family member or has close ties to an interventional cardiologist, can you please tell me what their average annual salary is? Thank you in advace.

C-man

what happened to your ebonics?
Cardio makes 100K/yr tops. :thumbup:

For an 80 hour workweek, cardio can make about 150K though depending on the region. Interventional cards more - about 170K. For general cards (non interventional) you can make about 100-130K depending on the region and how many hours you work.

Like I mentioned above, if you work hard with a good business model, an 80 hour workweek can translate to a whopping 150K.

For an 80 hour workweek, cardio can make about 150K though depending on the region. Interventional cards more - about 170K. For general cards (non interventional) you can make about 100-130K depending on the region and how many hours you work.

Like I mentioned above, if you work hard with a good business model, an 80 hour workweek can translate to a whopping 150K.

This is a joke right? I persionally know of many invasive cardiologists making minimum 300k/yr. I know a non-invasive guy making about 250k. Where are you getting your numbers?

This is a joke right? I persionally know of many invasive cardiologists making minimum 300k/yr. I know a non-invasive guy making about 250k. Where are you getting your numbers?

No, it's true. Here in the $outh the non-invasive guys top out at $80K. The invasive guys can pretty much top out at $120K, but that's if you never wanna see your kids.

I don't know about you, but that's some serious cheddar to be bringing in with a minimal time investment in education and training. I believe this is why the field is more popular than ever!! Good luck and I hope to see you in the "big time."

No, it's true. Here in the $outh the non-invasive guys top out at $80K. The invasive guys can pretty much top out at $120K, but that's if you never wanna see your kids.

I don't know about you, but that's some serious cheddar to be bringing in with a minimal time investment in education and training. I believe this is why the field is more popular than ever!! Good luck and I hope to see you in the "big time."

Maybe do some Botox and bring in another $10g's a year yo!!

Wow...I make more than 80k rapping. I didnt pay my way through medical school to make only 100k. I have heard of salaries approaching 1 mil, thats not a typo...$1 million/year+. I assume thse individuals do not have much time to spare with the family, but thats bread. A cuz of mine is a 3rd year fellow at UNC and he "plans" on joining a private practice next year saying he is gonna make 600k starting. I thought he was crazy, I guess I was right. Thanks for the info.

A pretty obvious thing to just do would be a job search.

My uncle is interventional cards in the SF Bay Area for the past 20 years, and he wipes his ass/lights his cubans with Benjamins. True story.

In all honesty, I think he's pulling in 600-800k/yr. He's also private practice and comes home just to sleep.:thumbup:

Ok...so sometimes it's hard to pick up on sarcasm on these things. Point taken... :laugh:

do we have any real cardiologists (probably not, i know, dumb question) or cards fellows on here?

i thought that gen cards makes roughly 200-250K, EP 300-400K, invasive same as EP, and CHF/Transplant 250ish also. academic centers offer much less.

would like to hear real cards fellows' thoughts on this

i meet a interventional cardiologist who works in a town with about 50 000 poeple (works at the only hospital in the town), he told me that he gets paid over $400, 000 a year after mal prac. insurance. He also has over 25 years of experience though, he told me his salary along with his rant about how medicine has ruined his life.

well, i am a pre med student and i was on a preceptorship with another doctor. I meet this doctor in the drs lounge at the hospital as the doctor i was shadowing knew the inter. cardiologist. Its was pretty funny, after he asked if i was intereted in medicine, he went on with his story.

His first few lines were about his salary and then he said that he has been working his a$$ off for a long time. His kids don't know who he is anymore, he is divorced and that he is still paying the mortgage on his house. He said that he just wished he could have worked on motor bikes his whole life (apparently he likes automotive kinda stuff). Thats the story in short.

I met an interventional cardiologist in the "stew-pot soup kitchen" line while I was handing out turkeys. He was easy to spot cause he was the one with the tattered clothes and worry-lines etched into his face from years of "not being able to make ends meet." As I handed him a free turkey he proceeded to tell me how medicine ruined his life...

But before he had a chance, I stuck my Redwing boots in his face and kicked him out of the way. Who wants to hear some jack@$$ moan about making cash his whole life? If you wanna work on motor bikes then do it...I'm not gonna let some douchebag 50 yr old cry his eyes out on my fresh starched short white coat. As a matter of fact, I would have asked for his ex wife's digits and shown her a good time on his dime.

I met an interventional cardiologist in the "stew-pot soup kitchen" line while I was handing out turkeys. He was easy to spot cause he was the one with the tattered clothes and worry-lines etched into his face from years of "not being able to make ends meet." As I handed him a free turkey he proceeded to tell me how medicine ruined his life...

But before he had a chance, I stuck my Redwing boots in his face and kicked him out of the way. Who wants to hear some jack@$$ moan about making cash his whole life? If you wanna work on motor bikes then do it...I'm not gonna let some douchebag 50 yr old cry his eyes out on my fresh starched short white coat. As a matter of fact, I would have asked for his ex wife's digits and shown her a good time on his dime.

:laugh:

if only i had the guts to say something like that. i wanted to ask him why he didn't quit since he was so bitter about the whole thing, but i felt that i was in no position to ask such a thing as i was just some pre-med college kid..