Making a change

Started by deleted1072210
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1072210

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I am thinking about going to medical school, my parents talked me out of it in high school and chose to pursue optometry. I still thought about being a pediatrician during the years, but I did not think about applying because of rejection. I‘m currently in a post bacc program to improve my GPA, and I have shadowed both doctors. I love both professions, but I feel like pediatrician is more fitting for me. I’m just afraid that I can’t do it. How did you all overcome the doubts that you or others had?