Making a New School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

newgirl102

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This past application cycle, I applied to a lot more research-heavy schools than I had thought. My background is not too research-heavy, but more education, service, and advocacy-heavy.

Background: I worked in one lab (6mo), did an independent honors thesis (1yr) and presented both projects at a conference. I also volunteered with a student-run clinic (2.5yr), taught special education math in low-income area (2yr going on 3). I am a Hawai'i resident.

Do you guys know any schools that are more focused on education, community health, service, and advocacy?

Stats: cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.65, MCAT 509 (129, 126, 127, 127)
 
Last edited:
Unless you have ties to or meet mission based group criteria, I would remove UW and OHSU as those are donations. Both a notoriously unfriendly towards OOS outside those categories.