Making sure DAT doesn't hold up my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davincis_playgr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to submit my AADSAS application on the earliest possible date in May. What I'd like to do is take the DAT as late as possible but still early enough that it's (reasonably) certain my score will hit the schools by the time they've received my AADSAS app. To get the best shot at a seat in fall '10 I want to make sure the schools don't have to wait on anything before considering me.

Any idea when I should take the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

hey there. i submittied my addsas in june but wasn't able to start studying for the dat full time until middle august. i ended up taking the test on september 30th and got ts=26 and aa=24, and got interviews pre december 1st..so my advice is to take as much time as you need to ace the test, but make sure you ace it b/c if i hadn't gotten such a high score i probably wouldn't have gotten such a fast response from schools.

hey there. i submittied my addsas in june but wasn't able to start studying for the dat full time until middle august. i ended up taking the test on september 30th and got ts=26 and aa=24, and got interviews pre december 1st..so my advice is to take as much time as you need to ace the test, but make sure you ace it b/c if i hadn't gotten such a high score i probably wouldn't have gotten such a fast response from schools.
IF you don't mindme asking, how was your G.P.A? I heard if your gpa is not high enough and you wait to take the dat in august that you do not have a good chance of getting in.

@glk2101:
Thanks for the tip. Guess I didn't really consider that option.

@sandy71402:
Yeah, my GPA wasn't always stellar. Took a "W" during g-chem II due to medical reasons related to our daughter's birth. Went back the next semester and did fine. Did really bad in Org chem II due to my misjudgment. I'm married, work full time, have a long commmute, and was stupid enough to take Physics II at Orgo II at the same time. Physics turned out fine, but Org didn't. So I retook Org II the following year and got maybe the only 4.0 in the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to submit my AADSAS application on the earliest possible date in May. What I'd like to do is take the DAT as late as possible but still early enough that it's (reasonably) certain my score will hit the schools by the time they've received my AADSAS app. To get the best shot at a seat in fall '10 I want to make sure the schools don't have to wait on anything before considering me.

Any idea when I should take the DAT?
Same boat, I dont know when is the best time to take the DAT, I also think I need to take it twice one in april and the second one in july. How does that work?help please:cool: