making sure i see my score before programs do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jihu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can double check that I've set up my Step 2 stuff so that I see my scores before I decide when to submit them to residency programs? Trying to maintain confidence that I'll be fine and it won't be an issue, but just in case. I can't seem to find the right page online. Anyone have any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not exactly sure how this process works -- do you not have to reveal your step2 score? If you don't, what do the program directors think?

thanks,
Pol

According to ERAS, the USMLE transcript only shows scores available at the date it is requested. I don't think step 2 scores automatically go to programs.

According to ERAS, the USMLE transcript only shows scores available at the date it is requested. I don't think step 2 scores automatically go to programs.

When initially registering for Step 2 CK, I thought I checked off a box indicating that I wanted to see my scores before they were released to residency programs. Did I just imagine this happening? I also think I've seen this issue discussed in other threads. I'm taking the damn thing tomorrow, so I guess there isn't much I can do about it either way. Just kind of popped into my head that I'd want to confirm it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay. I went on ERAS to try to figure this out. Under documents you can go to USMLE transcript and then you go under USMLE selections. If you chose "yes" to the question they asked, you gave permision for your scores to be transmitted as soon as they are available. If you chose "no", you can see the scores first and then choose if you want them transmitted. Whatever you chose, though, cannot be changed. This seems to be different for COMLEX (I took both). The question they ask only gives permission to release scores at the time the request is made. If you want to update your report, you have to give permission when the scores are available. Hope that helps.:)

Okay. I went on ERAS to try to figure this out. Under documents you can go to USMLE transcript and then you go under USMLE selections. If you chose "yes" to the question they asked, you gave permision for your scores to be transmitted as soon as they are available. If you chose "no", you can see the scores first and then choose if you want them transmitted. Whatever you chose, though, cannot be changed. This seems to be different for COMLEX (I took both). The question they ask only gives permission to release scores at the time the request is made. If you want to update your report, you have to give permission when the scores are available. Hope that helps.:)

jkb, thanks! I checked it out myself. I answered "yes" to the first question (which automatically released my Step 1 score) but "no" to the second (which I think allows me to see my future Step 2 scores before I send them out). Thanks again!