Malaria Drug?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissHawha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Does a drug named "Snip" exist? If yes, what is it active ingredient and dosage strength please. Is it a Malaria drug?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I have had malaria lots of times, and come from a place where malaria is endemic. But I have never heard of "Snip." However, I may be wrong. Google is your friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just looked on Facts and Comparisons and there is no record for a "snip." Could there be another name for it? I was thinking of malarone myself.

Never heard of snip...only [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chloroquine, and thats once you've been infected i believe.

Never heard of snip...only [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chloroquine, and thats once you've been infected i believe.

Chloroquine phosphate is also for extraintestinal amebiasis.

Could "snip" be a local or slang term for it? It doesn't make much sense that a malaria drug would have one of these, but it is a possibility.

I'm resistant to malaria :) Good ole black genes

I guess it is a local trade name, thanks all for your help :cool:

I guess it is a local trade name, thanks all for your help :cool:

If you get the actual trade or generic name for what it is I'm sure someone on here can get you what the FDA indication is and probably some off-label uses. ;)