Malpractice in Pathology

• Thread starter Deleted member 17408
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 17408

(I can't get off this computer :( !!!)

I have heard that radiologists get sued 4x as much as primary care doctors. How is it with pathology assuming one definetely wants surgical pathology to be a part of their practice?

Do pathologists get sued nearly as much as radiologists?

Members don't see this ad.

Pathologists get sued just like all docs these days, but normally not as much as many others. But, give the lawyers a few more years they will probably be gettin us as well. Pap smears and other Gyn stuff seems to be the place that most pathologist get sued over.

If you want to know about the Hologic Imager and all its pitfalls, log into
cytology [email protected] Serious screening mistakes are taking place
and private letters to the FDA are now in motion! Pap smear screening is better with the manual conventional microscope! DO NOT PURCHASE ANY AUTOMATED PAP SMEAR SCREENING DEVICE! DO NOT substitute HPV testing for routine Pap smear screening..

Members don't see this ad :)
melanocytic lesions seem to be a big ticket item for malpractice....

(I can't get off this computer :( !!!)

I have heard that radiologists get sued 4x as much as primary care doctors. How is it with pathology assuming one definetely wants surgical pathology to be a part of their practice?

Do pathologists get sued nearly as much as radiologists?

At our yearly risk management thing, the speaker always said pathologists don't get sued very often, but when they do there's a lot of money at stake (wrong breast, amputation for benign, missed melanoma, etc.) I'm just repeating, don't have any numbers.