Malpractice Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Spoonbig21

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much do ophthalmologist usually pay in malpractice insurance? Also, does anyone know how good of a med school UVA is for someone who wants to be an ophthalmologist? Thanks for any help.
 
wow, either this is a really tough question or nobody really cares to comment, either way it's cool. I was just wondering because it doesn't seem to me like ophthalmology would require a very high malpractice insurance and I just thought I would ask someone who might know. Well, thanks anyway 😀
 
I've seen this somewhere in the past, don't know how accurate these figures are- will vary from state to state:

Annual premium no LASIK- $14,000.00
LASIK- $16,000.00
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone chime in on the limits per claim and the agregate?

I'm also curious.