Managed Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm4312

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
Can anybody comment on the job market for managed care pharmacists? Currently a P3, know little about managed care but want to explore. Is a residency basically required for entry level positions? Competitiveness of getting the residency, with only having a single managed care APPE as related experience? How about the job market after residency in major metropolitan areas? How about the job market for new grads w/o residency? THANK YOU.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
Can anybody comment on the job market for managed care pharmacists? Currently a P3, know little about managed care but want to explore. Is a residency basically required for entry level positions? Competitiveness of getting the residency, with only having a single managed care APPE as related experience? How about the job market after residency in major metropolitan areas? How about the job market for new grads w/o residency? THANK YOU.

Why would you want to enter such a field? Inpatient clinical is much more rewarding. Going into this field is a waste of a pharmacist!

Hello

It's an interesting field, I've seen a trend toward residency training in managed care, so you should probably look into that. If anything, because you'd be competing for managed care jobs against freshly trained residents.

Why would you want to enter such a field? Inpatient clinical is much more rewarding. Going into this field is a waste of a pharmacist!

Disagree. If I were interested in it, I'd go into it...all my managed care friends like their work and love their lifestyle (M-F 9-5 with minimal weekend "work"). I'd rather have pharmacists in there than non-pharmacists.