management/policy oriented med schools?

Started by jdizzle07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jdizzle07

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm getting an MPH (health management) this year and looking to work in health policy/management as a physician and am not so interested in bench research. Lots of med schools talk about how they like to train "physician investigators" with a research interest, but do any have a bent toward people with a policy/management inclination?
 
I can't speak much about individual schools, but I would think schools that have MPH programs would have the most opportunity. There would be faculty members there who you could do some research with.
 
I am currently getting a masters degree in public policy, and will be applying to schools this year, and would be very interested in hearing from any SDNers who have come from a policy/management background or have these interests - thanks!