Manchester College of Pharmacy C/O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharman18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I start this thread to meet those who also apply to MCOP. Pharmcas sent my application to school on Sep 19. So far, I haven't got any information. Anybody receive the interview invitation?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I start this thread to meet those who also apply to MCOP. Pharmcas sent my application to school on Sep 19. So far, I haven't got any information. Anybody receive the interview invitation?

I got an interview 6 days after i submitted my application. Then I went online and looked at the rating for this school. I don't think I will schedule my interview with them. Terrible reviews, you should research for yourself!

I got an interview 6 days after i submitted my application. Then I went online and looked at the rating for this school. I don't think I will schedule my interview with them. Terrible reviews, you should research for yourself!

Congrats on getting an interview invite! I'm planning on applying here as well. To be honest I've heard nothing but good things about this new up and coming school. They just built the facility and have state of the classrooms and learning modules. A friend of my boss attends this school and from what I hear she loves it, although the curriculum is tough. This is to be expected with any "non-diploma mill" school. The only downside is you'll be hiking to class in the snow occasionally and they are not yet fully accredited. However, this is the case with many top notch schools like USF COP. I am definitely applying here as one of my top choices for sure. I feel strongly about the graduating their inaugural class soon and becoming fully accredited in the near future. Good luck guy!!

Pharmcas has received my transcripts and i will officially submit my application next week, not sure how long it will take for them mail it out. STATS below

GPA 3.19 One D and one C in upper level science ( Several Withdrawals on transscript due to medical illness)
Science GPA 3.5
prereq's almost a 3.8
Excellent personal statement
Great recommendations (1 pharmacist, 1 O-chem prof, 1 Gen chem prof)
one summer enrichment program / internship ( Columbia University)
Over 1000 hours volunteer work ( medical settings)
Certified Pharmacy Tech 3 months experience
No PCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
Good stats . You will get an interview soon. I have been waiting for a week. My stats as below:
Science and math:3.6
Prerequisites: 3.8
6 months volunteer as pharm tech
No bachelor degree.

Good stats . You will get an interview soon. I have been waiting for a week. My stats as below:
Science and math:3.6
Prerequisites: 3.8
6 months volunteer as pharm tech
No bachelor degree.

Welcome Pharman! You have impressive stats as well. Hopefully we will get interviews soon! Where are you from? Do you know much about the school?

I am from Dallas, Texas. Hopefully, we both get in.

I just received an interview for November 16th. Pretty scared since they will only take 73 people. Does anyone know how many people get interviewed? I'm from CA

I got the interview for Nov 16 too. Don't be too worry.

I'll most likely be flying the day before. It's so pricey!

I just received my invitation for the November 16th date a few days ago also. Does anyone know how many applicants are interviewed during each interview date?

Good luck and keep me posted!!

I think around 20 applicants on that day. Hope we all get in

Members don't see this ad :)
Im from Champaign IL (U OF I) have an interview Nov 16 so hope to meet you all there! And Good luck!!!!

didnt you get accepted to Midwestern!! saw ur posts on the other page
yeah, I get in MWC already. So I will decline this Sat interview. Good luck to everybody!:)

Reactions: 1 user
I attended the interview on November 16th also and would like to know if/when anyone hears back! I'm anxious to know when they start calling people to tell them their status!

I
I just applied like 11/9 n hope I got an invitAtion.. So far I got one at UW

I attended the interview on November 16th also and would like to know if/when anyone hears back! I'm anxious to know when they start calling people to tell them their status!
How was the interview?

W
I just received an interview for November 16th. Pretty scared since they will only take 73 people. Does anyone know how many people get interviewed? I'm from CA[/quot

How was the interview?

The interview was fine, they asked some expected questions like "why pharmacy?, why Manchester?" and some unexpected ones like "whats your favorite food?, Whats the last book you read?" They kept saying how they just wanted to get to know us, so I'm assuming they were doing just that plus seeing how we think on our feet. Good luck!

The interview was fine, they asked some expected questions like "why pharmacy?, why Manchester?" and some unexpected ones like "whats your favorite food?, Whats the last book you read?" They kept saying how they just wanted to get to know us, so I'm assuming they were doing just that plus seeing how we think on our feet. Good luck!
Aight thanks hopefully I get an interview soon..... How long did u wait to get an interview? My file was incomplete ( missing one letter recommendation ) but now it's complete so they will email me as soon as they receive it .. I love their curriculum

Last edited:
First round of acceptances are out for Manchester University College of Pharmacy! My fiance interviewed on Nov 16th and just got the call today :).

Good luck to those waiting !

First round of acceptances are out for Manchester University College of Pharmacy! My fiance interviewed on Nov 16th and just got the call today :).

... Just got an email today that my file is complete n under review n hope I get an interview soon .. Already have one at UW.....

I refresh my email every two minutes n check my junk box... Think I'm going crazy

Congrats! Did he accept?

Congrats! Did he accept?

That's mean yes .... Greg is very nice...me still waiting on my interview letter like Greg said I will be getting an email from them in two to three weeks... Wats ur fiancé stats?

How were the interviews this week? what sorts of questions were asked?

I just got an interview invite for January 25th.... January will be an expensive months I have another interview on the 17...... So happy

yes i interviewed the 16th and put on committee hold. but just got to wait and be patient for a response. good luck to the rest of you!! and ill let u know if i hear anything...

yes i interviewed the 16th and put on committee hold. but just got to wait and be patient for a response. good luck to the rest of you!! and ill let u know if i hear anything...

U will just pray n stay positive.... Do u knw how many ppl that already in? And would u mind to share ur stats?

I'm applying to this school, almost got everything in! Still waiting on two references to pop up.

Hey everyone...this is the first time I actually use this student forum. Just wishing everyone good luck. I interviewed at Manchester on Nov 16th and got accepted 5 days later :) I was on cloud nine when I received that call! Interview wasn't too bad at all. And the school was amazing... very friendly faculty and students and the city itself was beautiful. This was my fourth interview and second acceptance. I canceled my first to take this one! Anyone else get accepted?

Hey everyone...this is the first time I actually use this student forum. Just wishing everyone good luck. I interviewed at Manchester on Nov 16th and got accepted 5 days later :) I was on cloud nine when I received that call! Interview wasn't too bad at all. And the school was amazing... very friendly faculty and students and the city itself was beautiful. This was my fourth interview and second acceptance. I canceled my first to take this one! Anyone else get accepted?
Congratts HusseinB2018! I also have an interview with next month very nervous could you give me some advice for the interview? Thank you for your time :) and congratts once more!

Yay congrats .... My interview is next month! Would you mind sharing ur stats?

Congratts HusseinB2018! I also have an interview with next month very nervous could you give me some advice for the interview? Thank you for your time :) and congratts once more!

Some stats of mine:

1.) GPA: 3.1
2.)Science GPA: 3.4
3.) Bachelors in Business
4.) PCAT: They don't look at
5.) Pharmacy experience: 9 years
6.) I volunteered at a mosque and children's health fitness

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you guys! It wasn't too bad at all. Starts you off with breakfast (dean talks while you eat), then break up into two groups. There was a total of 50 ppl interviewing and from those 50, only 15 get accepted. others will either get placed on hold or rejected. Just make sure your very outgoing and talkative (try to sell yourself but at the same time be yourself). They ask why Manchester, why pharmacy, last book read, example of when I was a leader in something, and other random questions that could be answered without pharmacy experience. I related a lot of question to my pharmacy experience because I've been working at a pharmacy for 9 years. I think that's what really helped me the most. You take a tour of the school which takes about an hour. And do a small group activity which isn't too bad at all. The whole interview was from 8:30am-2:30pm. I don't know how we stayed that long but time flew by and before you know it you're done. (remember though you have breakfast and lunch so that accounts for about 2 hours).

Some stats of mine:

1.) GPA: 3.1
2.)Science GPA: 3.4
3.) Bachelors in Business
4.) PCAT: They don't look at
5.) Pharmacy experience: 9 years
6.) I volunteered at a mosque and children's health fitness

Oh ok thanks n how do u know how many people that get accepted?

Oh ok thanks n how do u know how many people that get accepted?

Greg is the student director there. He lectures for about 1/2 hour toward the end and he told us. My heart dropped when I heard that!

Were you guys able to save this supplemental and return it at a later time for completion? Or does it have the be completed in one sitting? I am unable to save it as a PDF. There also is no save button on the HTML page.

Were you guys able to save this supplemental and return it at a later time for completion? Or does it have the be completed in one sitting? I am unable to save it as a PDF. There also is no save button on the HTML page.

I think you can save it... When you save it they will send you a link

Can i save it to return to it later? I mean before i complete and submit the app.