Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
In speaking with a supervisor at a UCC, it came up that my program/s do not require (or even strongly encourage) personal therapy for their graduate students). My supervisor seemed surprised and I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on the issue of therapy for doc students. Personally, I think it's absolutely necessary. Not sure how you could ethically enforce a mandate though.
In speaking with a supervisor at a UCC, it came up that my program/s do not require (or even strongly encourage) personal therapy for their graduate students). My supervisor seemed surprised and I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on the issue of therapy for doc students. Personally, I think it's absolutely necessary. Not sure how you could ethically enforce a mandate though.
If a person doesn't want to engage in the process, it is just a waste if time for everyone.