Manhattan hospitals

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by orthoguy, Oct 28, 2002.

1. orthoguy

orthoguy Assman

Of the top tier Manhattan IM programs........Cornell/Columbia/NYU/Siani etc.....what are the typical types of grades/board scored one is looking at to get into these programs...............further which programs are known as being malignant and which have a nicer lifestyle for their residents...........any feedback would be greatly appreciated

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. liquid magma

liquid magma Member

i would also be very interested in this information. so people, if you've got interviews at these schools or if you have info (or if you just want to lie and throw us all off course cause you're a gunner) let us know what the stats needed for these programs are.

in the absence of absolute figures, reasonable conjectures would also be welcome.

by the way,

my rank list would be

1) Columbia
    2) Mount Sinai
    3) Cornell
    4) NYU
    5) Einstein

4. Voxel

Moderator Emeritus

In terms of malignancy from highest to lowest as what I heard last year from classmates.

1) Columbia
    2) NYU
    3) Einstein
    4) Mt Sinai
    5) Cornell
    Columbia will definitely put you through the ringer, but you'll probably have your pick of fellowships.