Maricopa Away Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a question about how I should proceed with arranging an away rotation.

Maricopa is my absolute first choice program for residency, and I am really hoping to do an away rotation there this fall. I submitted my application in early April. Before submitting I was able to talk to the program coordinator and let her know to be expecting my application in the mail shortly. She was extremely friendly.

Since I have mailed in my application I haven’t heard anything. After a few weeks I began calling to confirm that they did in fact get my packet. For the last 3 months I have been calling and leaving messages every 2 weeks, and sending an e-mail every month or so. I have yet to receive any response at all. I understand that the program is likely very busy with getting everything ready for their new residents, but at the same time I would hate to not get a spot because my application was lost in the mail.

All my interactions with the program coordinator have been very friendly, and I would really hate to offend anyone. I’m typically very patient but after about 3 months I’m a bit worried.

Are there any other students here who are going to be rotating through Maricopa this fall? Have you heard anything back yet? Any tips from residents?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about maricopa in particular, but as i had ta fight for some pretty tight away rotations lemme tell ye, the BEST thing would be to keep callin til you get ahold of whoever is in charge of student rotations. I used to call on my lunch breaks!

Hi,

There have been some recent changes in the program coordinator position at Maricopa. Please do not be discouraged. Simply contact the new coordinator, Miki Adair Russo and she will set everything right. We look forward to having you join us. :)