Marijuana and allergies

Started by davey22
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think that it may actually help itchy eyes? I haven't smoked for two years and about 2 months after I quit, I began to have eyes allergies. I've been prescribed steroids, patanol and all other sorts of allergy drops but nothing seems to truly help. Every other avenue that I can thnk of has been covered except marijuana. I currently get drug tested so I can't find out for myself, but I was curious if anyone has ever heard of something like this. You would think that it would make it worse, but I suppose you never really know. I tried doing some research on it and as expected, all that was found were pro-bud forums and sites.
 
I've never heard this as a potential "benefit" of smoking marijuana.

Too many other factors involved with allergies, but I guess I can see why you'd like it to be true🙂

Try to think what else changed: location, season, eating habits, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I have looked into all the other aspects, or at least that my doctor and I could come up with. I was hoping that this would be the root of the cause, not for an "excuse" to smoke, but for a cure. Although it would be a rather enjoyable remedy.
 
davey22 said:
Do you think that it may actually help itchy eyes? I haven't smoked for two years and about 2 months after I quit, I began to have eyes allergies. I've been prescribed steroids, patanol and all other sorts of allergy drops but nothing seems to truly help. Every other avenue that I can thnk of has been covered except marijuana. I currently get drug tested so I can't find out for myself, but I was curious if anyone has ever heard of something like this. You would think that it would make it worse, but I suppose you never really know. I tried doing some research on it and as expected, all that was found were pro-bud forums and sites.

Are you sure this isn't a withdraw symptom of marijuana rather than a cure of it? Many people think that it isn't addictive because there are no immediate withdraw effects, but its been proven that it takes ~6 weeks for the symptoms to surface...
 
taylormade44 said:
Are you sure this isn't a withdraw symptom of marijuana rather than a cure of it? Many people think that it isn't addictive because there are no immediate withdraw effects, but its been proven that it takes ~6 weeks for the symptoms to surface...


I never thought about it from that aspect..........withdrawls for two years though?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.