Marijuana and procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ED50

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, wondering what your practices are for THC use and procedures in a recreationally legal environment. Do you have a hold schedule or cancel policy? Sedated v non-sedated procedures?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are they high at the time of the appointment?

if so, no procedure as they cannot consent. otherwise no change.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't ask. If they stink of it, I let them know they might feel a little more discomfort with needle stick because of it and not to worry. If they are too stoned to consent, then I cancel. Pretty sure it's more than just weed at that point.

If they are able to consent, not too paranoid about me sneaking up behind them with a needle and can put the Cheetos down long enough to sign and let me do the injection, then no worries.

Visibly altered from any substance we're prob gonna cancel unless it is my Valium 4mg that I gave them.

I learned 90% of the way through an RFA one time that my pt was drunk. Fired him on the spot after finishing the lesion.

He was, BTW, bleeding freely from the needle sites. Prob most blood I've ever seen from a routine injxn.

If they are able to consent, not too paranoid about me sneaking up behind them with a needle and can put the Cheetos down long enough to sign and let me do the injection, then no worries.
why is it that everyone thinks that people stoned eat cheetos?

its such a myth.

its doritos that they snarf