Marist College accredited! (NYS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdubz7w7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanted to share the exciting news that the DPT program at Marist College in Poughkeepsie NY was just granted accreditation!

“Gaining full accreditation status without any citations and for a 5-year period is an exceptional feat that is attributed to the dedication and excellent work of the faculty and staff and the support of the administration. We are gratified that we are able to send exceptionally qualified physical therapy graduates into the workforce,” said DPT Program Director Dr. Claudia B. Fenderson.
“Full accreditation for five years is the highest achievement possible for a new DPT program,” said Dr. Alicia Slater, Dean of the School of Science. “It is even more impressive that the bulk of this work was done under pandemic conditions which included a virtual site visit from the accrediting agency.”

Occasionally I have seen posts inquiring about Marist's status so I wanted to update everyone :)

I am in the inaugural cohort, graduating next month (!!!). If you have any questions about Marist, please let me know.

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, kdubz7w7, I just got an answer this morning regarding Marist College's DPT program and I will be joining in January 2021! I am currently residing in NYC and will need to find housing very soon. Do you have any suggestions as to where the DPT students congregate most? I am assuming I have to move up to Poughkeepsie right? I am excited to join this program and it sounds awesome that they were granted accreditation!!! By the way, congratulations!!! It must be so exciting to be so close to graduation!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, kdubz7w7, I just got an answer this morning regarding Marist College's DPT program and I will be joining in January 2021! I am currently residing in NYC and will need to find housing very soon. Do you have any suggestions as to where the DPT students congregate most? I am assuming I have to move up to Poughkeepsie right? I am excited to join this program and it sounds awesome that they were granted accreditation!!! By the way, congratulations!!! It must be so exciting to be so close to graduation!!!
Hey congrats!!! That's so exciting :)
We do have a few commuters, the top I've heard is a little over an hour. I have one classmate who tried commuting from I think Westchester, a week into our first semester he said F this and moved up here. My mom lives in Manhattan and I have made the drive many times and would NOT recommend wrestling with that while in DPT school!
Have you joined our Facebook page? It is a private group. One of the admins recently posted a list of possible places to live. I am one of the admins and I have been seeing people posting looking for roommates in the past few weeks. Start there! It is called Marist DPT and it is a private group, I'll keep an eye out and admit you to it. If you aren't a FB user it might be worth creating an account just to connect to students. I think your cohort is also in the middle of creating a groupme account which you will want to get on. Just let me know how I can help!
And thank you!!! Graduating does NOT feel real right now!
Best, Katherine