Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Marquette Acceptances

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Spunky, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Spunky

Spunky Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    Is anyone on here accepted to Marquette? This is the only school of the 3 that I've been accepted to. I interviewed there in late October, and loved the school. As a reapplicant, I am so excited to have received this news! I'm lined up for a few more interviews through January, but I so much like Marquette, I'm thinking of just choosing this school and cancelling the other interview appointments. Any other people out there siked about being accepted to Marquette?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mrodr043

mrodr043 Member
    5+ Year Member

Marquette is a great school. It is supposedly very strong academically. Congratulations on being accepted. :clap:

4. Spunky

Spunky Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    May I ask you why you chose Temple over Marquette? I just interviewed at Temple last week, and I really liked the school and their emphasis on clinical preparation. If I get accepted from Temple, it will be a tough choice between there and Marquette. Any particular distinctions that led to your LOVE of TEMPLE? Thanks so much!

5. mrodr043

mrodr043 Member
    5+ Year Member

1. The clinical experience/practice. Temple's clinic sees 150,000 patients a year. When i visited there were TONS of ppl in the waiting area (even during a strike in public transportation). @ Marquette there were just a few patients waiting to be seen; and the tour guide said that there is SOME scarcity in patients available to the clinic.

2. I LOVED philadelphia!!! The city is BEAUTIFUL! I live in a LARGE city with a population of 2.6 million ppl. Milwaukee was just tooooo small and SLOOOWWWWWWWWW for me =/ i don't know if would be able to live there for 4 years ( it would be a HUGE change of pace for me... i'd go into culture shock!!!! )

Hope this helps!!! and GOOD LUCK!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

6. Prudence

Prudence Junior Member

Dental Student
    I am accepted at Marquette and am planning to attend in the Fall. I am an in state resident and interviewed the 16th of November.

7. Prudence

Prudence Junior Member

Dental Student

I am super excited. I think everyone is very supportive at Marquette. I love the facilities and the clinical aspect. Each school is different and I think that I had to find the school that was right for me. I also think that it will be up to me to make the most of my experience, since it seems as though they offer plenty of opportunities! Maybe I will see you in the Fall?

Another thought is that you don't have to respond for a bit, so you can wait to feel out where you want to go. This site may be especially helpful as more people post their acceptances/thoughts.

Good Luck!