Marquette and CC work.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eric275

Prosthodontist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've run across several posts on the boards that hint to the fact that Marquette frowns upon applicants with CC work on thier transcripts and that it will basically knock an applicant out of the running at their school. I was looking for some clarification or personal experiences relating to this subject.

I have applied to Marquette and have community college work on my transcripts. Today I recieved my secondary application from them along with the request for my application fee. I was looking for past applicants experiences that relate to this matter as I am wondering if I am wasting my time and money resubmitting my secondary, one page secondary essay, app. fee, etc. Any comments would be greatly appriciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I had Organic II and English II from a community college. Other than that everything else was taken at a University level. I was put on the waitlist for 2004 and still waiting. I think if u have a majority of your classes at a community college, than marquette will probably frown upon it. I can't see anything wrong with a couple of credits from a community college. Will see how this cycle ends up! Who knows I could be applying again for 2005 in a couple of weeks. :D

hope this helps
HD

What I know about this school is that they dont care that much about your DAT score. Yeah, thats right. I had an interview there and the admissions director told me that you can get accepted easily here with 16 on the DAT as long as your GPA is good. Mine was ....