Marquette hold/wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

euphaire

Blank
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewed at Marquette and then put on hold/wait list? Lets share some information here! Hopefully some of us will hear back from Marquette some time in January.

Members don't see this ad.

Helloooooo? Anybody there? Is anyone else waiting for Marquette? I was told way back in December that they tend to give out acceptances "as soon as" spots open up because it's not their admission philosophy to "wait around". However, I still haven't heard a peep. :(

i interviewed there 3 years in a row... always on their waitlist. They make it sound pretty hopeful. if you're in-state (cough: goodluck). You have a much better shot if you're out of state. They are just frustrating.

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed there 3 years in a row... always on their waitlist. They make it sound pretty hopeful. if you're in-state (cough: goodluck). You have a much better shot if you're out of state. They are just frustrating.

Wow, that's amazing! Can you share your experience with Marquette in more detail? I agree with you that they make it sound very, very hopeful. I was told, in fact, that they will give out acceptances as early as December when people turn down offers because they "are not gonna wait". But now I don't know. I also know that only around 5~10 people get off the waitlist each year....
I'm a Canadian. Do you think I should just forget it?

I am wait-listed too. I haven't heard anything either. We'll see.

Not much to tell.I applied 3 years there.. luckily i smartened up and decided to apply to MANY more schools the 3rd time around and got a ton of interviews and multiple acceptances. You would think that a student with decent scores, grades, and a proven drive with much improved stats year after year woiuld count for something at marquette. None of that matters when all the other applicants' mommys and daddys work there. It's just annoying when you have staff blowing smoke up your backside playing buddy buddy during your interview. I just felt like their whole process was skewed.
My suggestion is to make sure you apply to many schools. CALL THE SCHOOLS and tell them any new application tidbits that might help you. Tell them why you want to go there. I did this in both email and phone and got an acceptance within hours at one school.... no joke. Others told me "thank you very much for calling I will add that to your file.." Send Thank You letters after your interview. (a professional letter, not a 4 by 6 "thank you" card)

Granted, i was pretty miffed when I didn't get admitted after three attempts that I finally said.. to hell with you, I got plenty of other schools that want me.

That's my story in a nutshell. since you're considered out of state, I would pursue it more. out of state people are more likely to get in that in-state. I could possibly see them sending some invites out this week or next if they have any. Just don't expect an invite, if one comes.. great...not to say it can't. i got 2 acceptances during my cycle in february... just for some reassurance.

Waitlisted as well (in state). Rare to get off the for in state, not sure
for out of state. Talked with Brian and he said they only lost 2 in state kids they offered
last cycle. Next year they are adding more clinic space, so most likely more seats. Good luck. I never really wanted to go there, wanted a change from the Midwest, so I've easily accepted my fate with MU.

Anyone heard anything yet? I thought acceptances go out this week, just not sure which day of the week.