MARQUETTE Students.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lolaLOVE2012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just got admitted and am now preparing for my move...i live in california...

well for first year students, what is the best univeristy apartments or off campus housing do you suggest? i guess for the first year or so i would really want to live next to school so i dont have to drive back and forth.

so any suggestions???? and where can i go to obtain more info.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a nice apartment building right across from the dental school that you could look at. Should be pretty reasonable and very convenient location.

It all depends on you. Almost all of the married people in my class (MUSOD 2011) with and without kids live out in the western subs. The majority of our class lives around campus within walking distance. Near campus apts to look at: Sovereign (right across the street...older building but has a lot of character, good price), Campus Community Apts (older, cheap, close too), The Westgate (2 blocks away, older, mid-range price, but really nice), 2040 Lofts (these are MU campus suite apartments....new, but usual campus-type housing, and would have to have other roommates), Clybourne Place (behind the dental school....brand new, expensive, but worth the price, think there is a waiting list on these). All of these places that I mentioned have a large number of dental students in them, 1st-4th years. I would stick with these places at first, and if you don't like them, go out west of town.

Hope this helps!
K

Members don't see this ad :)
you say west - like the Brookfiled area? What about Shorewood and that area?

Greenfield, West Allis, Menomee Falls, Wawatosa(5-10 minutes from school) nice town.

I live in a Milwaukee neighborhood which is safe 10 minutes from MUSoD, close to great shopping(Mayfair Mall) and some quaint coffee shops, restaurants ect.

Mennekid, don't you have any finals to study for?