Marqutte Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

This is just to share my interview experience with Marquette univ.I was interviewed on 31-st. There were 6 members including me for 2 seats. All of them where Wisconsin residents and only one girl from Chicago,but moving to wisconsin in 2 months.

We were asked to do Chalk carving,the instructions for carving were given in a sheet of paper,along with dimensions.It went on quite smoothly.None seemes to have problem with it.

Then we had interview, 4 members interviewed us.The questions were as usual, tell me about yourself, strengths and weekness, why did u choose this school, what subject do u like the most in dentistry, your challenging situation in college........etc.

It was not much tough,but they seem to concentrate on wisconsin residents.My hopes are getting reduced every day.If not said this week,i can go on with my other works.

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by dhee

Then we had interview, 4 members interviewed us.The questions were as usual, tell me about yourself, strengths and weekness, why did u choose this school, what subject do u like the most in dentistry, your challenging situation in college........etc.

The 4 at the same time? Or one on one 4 different times?

Also did they told you the cost and stuff.

wht was ur impression abt the school? did they tell u how many applications they had received?
they didnt even send a rejection letter to people whm they dont call for interview.thts pretty sad

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Meggs and Ann03

All 4 people together interviewed us.They already sent the fee details with the application form. So they didnt mention about it.

The Univ is Big...It extends from 10 th to 25 th street in Downtown. The street was full of students. It seems to be a good univ. The people who attented interview with me were wisconsin residents. They said it is a good one.

Dont worry about rejection letter Ann03 ,u wont get it soon,coz' they said me if they didnt select from this first 6 members they are going to call the next 6 for interview.

Yesterday i called them to ask the results,they said they selected the 2 people,if they didnt accept then i may be called it seems.I think i have to get ready for next year.:(

Keep your hopes up dhee.
I know its easier said than done ,but I am trying the same so we can console each other
Angel_anim.gif

D,
dont lose heart. a lot of us sailing the same boat here

Hi dhee,
Don't lose hope.
Thanks for sharing ur interview experience with us.
May god bless u:)

All the best Dhee. :) Thanks for sharing.

What I don't get is why the school does not specify on their application that they give preference to wisconsin residents.. if they don't accept people from elsewhere, they should not 'accept' their application fee either!! I applied last october, I did not receive any intimation from them to say that I'm not being called for an interview. Ditto Nova. Very unprofessional.

ToTaLLy_TaSha said:
All the best Dhee. :) Thanks for sharing.

What I don't get is why the school does not specify on their application that they give preference to wisconsin residents.. if they don't accept people from elsewhere, they should not 'accept' their application fee either!! I applied last october, I did not receive any intimation from them to say that I'm not being called for an interview. Ditto Nova. Very unprofessional.
believe me ,its not a perfect world.

Don't worry. Marquette Dental University has a very good program for foreign. If you really that worry may you can called up the adminstrator --Brian or talk to Dr.List. She the one that designed the dental anatomy and carving test . She is the most understanding Professor in the school and have help many minorities and foreign dental students.

Marquette has builded a new school and has upgraded its curriculum gearing toward research and academic. Also if you call to check your status---it will reflex your strong interest of the school...Worse you can apply again---do not give up.

If you need any assistance you can email Doctor James at [email protected]
and asked him more about the school. He is my friend and has graduated from the school of Marquette

Thanx for the support guys.Sort of relaxed now.Planning for things to do this year. Let us keep our hopes high.
Thanx doctoricon for ur suggesions.I'm planning to talk with Dr.Brian , atleast just to know my Negatives.