Married students and dorm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterpostbacst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just turned to 29 and feel a bit old to be a DS1. BTW, how do married students live? Are they living in a dorm or able to live in off-campus? Anyone who can give me your 2 cents? :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard of married students living in dorms. They all have their own apartments or have purchased homes.

I just turned to 29 and feel a bit old to be a DS1. BTW, how do married students live? Are they living in a dorm or able to live in off-campus? Anyone who can give me your 2 cents? :love:

First of all, no, you are not too old. I have classmates who were in their mid 40's when we started. I was almost 34.

Most married people here in Houston live away from student housing either in non-school affiliated apartments, a condo or in a house (rented or purchased). Your family is going to have to deal with you being in school enough. It is best to allow them to get away from school life when they can - meaning live away from others if possible. I know it will be good for them to socialize with other famlies, but they also need to be able to get away from it too.