-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Marshall university interview
Started by Upupthere
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did some search, based on the previous interview, majority of people said its a group interview with laid back conversation then one on one with a professor to going over the application...I have also been invited to an interview at Marshall University and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts on their interview??
I’ll be attending the January 4th 8:00 am interview!
Man, you have a day earlier, i guess we can't pray together in person.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi friends!
Current 1st year at Marshall here. Like you said, the interview process is pretty laid back. I know the new director is making some changes, but I'm assuming that interview day is going to be really similar to last year's. You'll have a meet-and-greet with all of the faculty when you get to the school, then Dr. Davis (the director) will give an overview/introduction of the program and the faculty. After that, you'll be broken into groups to interview with one of the faculty members (I think like 5-6 per group). Really, it's more of a conversation where they'll ask if you have any questions then they'll throw in the generic "why do you want to be a PT" questions. They'll bring you back for a tour led by some of the current students, which takes about 5 minutes, then you'll go back into the room to fill out your secondary application and wait for the other faculty members to call you for your "one-on-one", which is basically them just making sure you have all the required coursework and paperwork.
Wow that was long lol but don't get too worked up over this interview, it's pretty chill! Let me know if you have any questions!
Current 1st year at Marshall here. Like you said, the interview process is pretty laid back. I know the new director is making some changes, but I'm assuming that interview day is going to be really similar to last year's. You'll have a meet-and-greet with all of the faculty when you get to the school, then Dr. Davis (the director) will give an overview/introduction of the program and the faculty. After that, you'll be broken into groups to interview with one of the faculty members (I think like 5-6 per group). Really, it's more of a conversation where they'll ask if you have any questions then they'll throw in the generic "why do you want to be a PT" questions. They'll bring you back for a tour led by some of the current students, which takes about 5 minutes, then you'll go back into the room to fill out your secondary application and wait for the other faculty members to call you for your "one-on-one", which is basically them just making sure you have all the required coursework and paperwork.
Wow that was long lol but don't get too worked up over this interview, it's pretty chill! Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi friends!
Current 1st year at Marshall here. Like you said, the interview process is pretty laid back. I know the new director is making some changes, but I'm assuming that interview day is going to be really similar to last year's. You'll have a meet-and-greet with all of the faculty when you get to the school, then Dr. Davis (the director) will give an overview/introduction of the program and the faculty. After that, you'll be broken into groups to interview with one of the faculty members (I think like 5-6 per group). Really, it's more of a conversation where they'll ask if you have any questions then they'll throw in the generic "why do you want to be a PT" questions. They'll bring you back for a tour led by some of the current students, which takes about 5 minutes, then you'll go back into the room to fill out your secondary application and wait for the other faculty members to call you for your "one-on-one", which is basically them just making sure you have all the required coursework and paperwork.
Wow that was long lol but don't get too worked up over this interview, it's pretty chill! Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks you for the detailed information!!
Are you going to be that one of the students leading the tour on interview day? haha
One last question, any recommended tourist spots around the school? : )
No, I'll still be at home while they hold interviews. Um the actual Marshall campus is really pretty, but it's about a mile or so West of the PT campus!Thanks you for the detailed information!!
Are you going to be that one of the students leading the tour on interview day? haha
One last question, any recommended tourist spots around the school? : )
Usually about 3 weeks. I’m a current second year and that’s how long it took them when I had my interview. I will be there in the afternoon on December 5th giving the tour and helping with interviewsDo you know about how long it takes Marshall to send out decisions? If they don't send them out before January 15th, then I'd like to go ahead and put down my deposit for another school.
Usually about 3 weeks. I’m a current second year and that’s how long it took them when I had my interview. I will be there in the afternoon on December 5th giving the tour and helping with interviews
That's when my interview is scheduled. Are you from WV?
I would think so. They definitely won’t send out acceptance letters before the 15thNice! Do you think it’d be safe to got ahead and put my deposit down for the January 15th deadline?
Cool! No I’m from UtahThat's when my interview is scheduled. Are you from WV?
I would think so. They definitely won’t send out acceptance letters before the 15th
I'm in that same boat of putting a deposit down for another school. Paying the deposit is one of those, "better safe than sorry," methods.
Cool! No I’m from Utah
You've come a long way, then! What do you think about WV? I live about an hour away from Marshall, and I like hearing other opinions about the area. If you don't mind me asking, what did your stats look like and where else did you apply?
Thank you for offering to help.Ditto to what Carbied said. I am also a first year so if you have any questions I can answer them.
May I ask you what's your experience so far as a first year in the program, what is the thing you like most about what the program offers so far.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad