Marshall university interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Upupthere

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is attending for the interview at Marshall University on Jan 5th 8:00 am?
Let's be friends now : )

Members don't see this ad.

I have also been invited to an interview at Marshall University and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts on their interview??

I’ll be attending the January 4th 8:00 am interview!

I have also been invited to an interview at Marshall University and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts on their interview??

I’ll be attending the January 4th 8:00 am interview!
I did some search, based on the previous interview, majority of people said its a group interview with laid back conversation then one on one with a professor to going over the application...

Man, you have a day earlier, i guess we can't pray together in person.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends!

Current 1st year at Marshall here. Like you said, the interview process is pretty laid back. I know the new director is making some changes, but I'm assuming that interview day is going to be really similar to last year's. You'll have a meet-and-greet with all of the faculty when you get to the school, then Dr. Davis (the director) will give an overview/introduction of the program and the faculty. After that, you'll be broken into groups to interview with one of the faculty members (I think like 5-6 per group). Really, it's more of a conversation where they'll ask if you have any questions then they'll throw in the generic "why do you want to be a PT" questions. They'll bring you back for a tour led by some of the current students, which takes about 5 minutes, then you'll go back into the room to fill out your secondary application and wait for the other faculty members to call you for your "one-on-one", which is basically them just making sure you have all the required coursework and paperwork.

Wow that was long lol but don't get too worked up over this interview, it's pretty chill! Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi friends!

Current 1st year at Marshall here. Like you said, the interview process is pretty laid back. I know the new director is making some changes, but I'm assuming that interview day is going to be really similar to last year's. You'll have a meet-and-greet with all of the faculty when you get to the school, then Dr. Davis (the director) will give an overview/introduction of the program and the faculty. After that, you'll be broken into groups to interview with one of the faculty members (I think like 5-6 per group). Really, it's more of a conversation where they'll ask if you have any questions then they'll throw in the generic "why do you want to be a PT" questions. They'll bring you back for a tour led by some of the current students, which takes about 5 minutes, then you'll go back into the room to fill out your secondary application and wait for the other faculty members to call you for your "one-on-one", which is basically them just making sure you have all the required coursework and paperwork.

Wow that was long lol but don't get too worked up over this interview, it's pretty chill! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks you for the detailed information!!
Are you going to be that one of the students leading the tour on interview day? haha
One last question, any recommended tourist spots around the school? : )

Thanks you for the detailed information!!
Are you going to be that one of the students leading the tour on interview day? haha
One last question, any recommended tourist spots around the school? : )
No, I'll still be at home while they hold interviews. Um the actual Marshall campus is really pretty, but it's about a mile or so West of the PT campus!

Do you know about how long it takes Marshall to send out decisions? If they don't send them out before January 15th, then I'd like to go ahead and put down my deposit for another school.

Do you know about how long it takes Marshall to send out decisions? If they don't send them out before January 15th, then I'd like to go ahead and put down my deposit for another school.
Usually about 3 weeks. I’m a current second year and that’s how long it took them when I had my interview. I will be there in the afternoon on December 5th giving the tour and helping with interviews

Nice! Do you think it’d be safe to got ahead and put my deposit down for the January 15th deadline?

Usually about 3 weeks. I’m a current second year and that’s how long it took them when I had my interview. I will be there in the afternoon on December 5th giving the tour and helping with interviews

That's when my interview is scheduled. Are you from WV?

Nice! Do you think it’d be safe to got ahead and put my deposit down for the January 15th deadline?
I would think so. They definitely won’t send out acceptance letters before the 15th

I would think so. They definitely won’t send out acceptance letters before the 15th

I'm in that same boat of putting a deposit down for another school. Paying the deposit is one of those, "better safe than sorry," methods.

Cool! No I’m from Utah

You've come a long way, then! What do you think about WV? I live about an hour away from Marshall, and I like hearing other opinions about the area. If you don't mind me asking, what did your stats look like and where else did you apply?

Ditto to what Carbied said. I am also a first year so if you have any questions I can answer them.

Reactions: 1 users
Ditto to what Carbied said. I am also a first year so if you have any questions I can answer them.
Thank you for offering to help.
May I ask you what's your experience so far as a first year in the program, what is the thing you like most about what the program offers so far.