Maryland Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stala84

How's My Breath???
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised to find an acceptance email this evening in my mailbox. All of you MD hopefuls be on the lookout. Said I'll get a letter in the mail next week. I already have a deposit down at Pitt. MD's facilities are amazing and I liked the people/area in general, but I'm from Pittsburgh and can't decide if I want to leave. Anyone have any opinions? I know all you SDN'ers are good for those. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Also accepted, interviewed yesterday!!

Did you guys get the acceptance in your e-mail? What time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats man...
I would go for Maryland!!

Better facilities, better education and great faculties!

Whatelse do u want?

GRAD,

How'd you like MD?

I was pleasantly surprised to find an acceptance email this evening in my mailbox. All of you MD hopefuls be on the lookout. Said I'll get a letter in the mail next week. I already have a deposit down at Pitt. MD's facilities are amazing and I liked the people/area in general, but I'm from Pittsburgh and can't decide if I want to leave. Anyone have any opinions? I know all you SDN'ers are good for those. Thanks.

Go to Pitt. They are both good schools (from what I remember), but there's no benefit to paying out of state tuition at UMD if you're from PA. The schools are not that different in terms of quality (in my opinion). If you have a burning desire to go to Baltimore, then go to UMD. This is usually an issue with Boston, NYC, Philly, SF, LA or Chicago schools. People end up going to one of these schools and paying more money because they want to live in that particular city, as was the case with myself. This is usually not the case with Baltimore. UMD is a great school and if it's heads and tails better than Pitt, then by all means, go there. If they're not that different, go to Pitt.

correct me if i am wrong
but i think that maryland's class of 2011 is already filled and they are now interviewing for waitlist
what do you guys think?

correct me if i am wrong
but i think that maryland's class of 2011 is already filled and they are now interviewing for waitlist
what do you guys think?

um are you serious?? i have an interview a week from today.... if this is truth then..OK....

if you're speculating then that's not cool. anybody at maryland "in the know"?

jb!:)

GRAD,

How'd you like MD?

MD was reallyyy nice. The school was so new and the program seemed really successful. i mean, they spent over 300 mill on the school, you know it has to be good =)

And Dr. Morgan made it clear that they have a LOT of room left in their class. Dont be worried, they interview until april.

thank you GRAD! i found it hard to believe that they would be filled by jan 17th!!....considering deposits for the dec 1st ppl prolly weren't due till the 15th :laugh:

i can't wait to interview at maryland.....any advice?

jb!:)

just review the interview feedback, my questions were almost exact.

count me in too! interviewed yesterday...wow that was fast!

count me in too! interviewed yesterday...wow that was fast!

Hey, Does anyone have any info regarding their specialty rate, or what is their average board scores. I know Maryland is a great school for clinical basis but what about specializing.
Thanks,

Hey, Does anyone have any info regarding their specialty rate, or what is their average board scores. I know Maryland is a great school for clinical basis but what about specializing.
Thanks,

if you are interested in oral surgery, maryland apparently is a great school for ya, I guess one of the faculty members in the department has a lot of clout in the field so if he writes you a letter of recommendation you're pretty much in

thats what I was told during my interview anyway

Thanks,

I am looking between UMD and UCONN right now and one of the major differences btwn the two (positive or negative, depending on which you prefer) is that UMD students tend to forego specialty programs, unless you are including in that category GPR & AEGD programs. I am not sure about UMD's exact statistics regarding their graduates from the past few years...anybody out there privy to that info?

I am looking between UMD and UCONN right now and one of the major differences btwn the two (positive or negative, depending on which you prefer) is that UMD students tend to forego specialty programs, unless you are including in that category GPR & AEGD programs. I am not sure about UMD's exact statistics regarding their graduates from the past few years...anybody out there privy to that info?

i interviewed yesterday too and i also got an acceptance email today! I really want to go there too, but i have an offer from my state of residence and its going to be hard to turn down 14,500 a year to pay 37,000. Maybe there is a way.

as for statistics on speicalizing, i have a friend who is a 3rd year and he said that the top 8 from last years class all went for ortho. I also heard the thing about it being a good oral surgery school. I don't know about perio, pedo or end though.

Maryland's interview was very low-stress. Dr. Meehan even stated something along the lines about how the interviews weren't intended to be stressful :) In general, the questions were straight forward and similar to what you would expect. They also confirmed that they planned on interviewing far into the spring...so you should be golden if you're expecting to interview soon. Best of luck!

WHOOHOOOOOOOO! I got it in UMaryland! My first choice!

For those who asked, the email was sent at around 6:45 pm tonight.