Maryland Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Niblick

Golf is Good
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Maryland this morning, but not quite sure what to make of it?
Here's what it says: "Thank you for your application to the Doctor of Dental Surgery program at the University of Maryland Dental School. We certainly appreciate your interest in our school.

Please know that your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions and has been placed under review. Your file will be periodically re-reviewed throughout the admissions cycle for consideration for invitation to interview. Please do update your AADSAS information as we proceed through the cycle, as this information will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

Your file will remain under consideration and we will continue to update you as we proceed through our admissions cycle."

We've reviewed your application and it has been placed under review?? Doesn't that seem a bit redundant? Just wondering if anyone else received this same email and has any thoughts about it.

Members don't see this ad.

I think what they are trying to say is... no interview yet... but no rejection either. They are gonna keep you pending until they get more applications and then decide on you.
Best of luck!

It means that you are not competitive for an interview at this point, but possibly in the future. Your DAT scores are on the low side for Maryland (the incoming AA for my class was ~21), so maybe you should consider re-taking if you have your heart set on BCDS.

good luck! :luck:
jb!:)