Maryland Interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berryfremont

Georgia
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have looked on the sdn interview feedback for UMD and everyone listed these 3 questions: Why dentistry? Why Maryland? and What are your strengths and weaknesses?. Besides one person getting asked about their hobbies those 3 questions were repeated in everyones feedback. Anyone else that hasn't posted on the feedback want to share other questions asked?.. or is this basically all they ask? my interview is wednesday! ahhhhhhhh thanks

Members don't see this ad.

berryfremont said:
I have looked on the sdn interview feedback for UMD and everyone listed these 3 questions: Why dentistry? Why Maryland? and What are your strengths and weaknesses?. Besides one person getting asked about their hobbies those 3 questions were repeated in everyones feedback. Anyone else that hasn't posted on the feedback want to share other questions asked?.. or is this basically all they ask? my interview is wednesday! ahhhhhhhh thanks

They asked me lots of questions... it'll be one faculty member and one senior student... and the student asked me tougher questions than the faculty member!

Some questions were:

Is there any score on your DAT you're unhappy with?
Who do you admire, and why?
Why did you.......? (asking about your experiences)

And of course, they asked me the usual questions about Maryland, dentistry and strengths and weaknesses.

They're all really great people so don't worry!

:luck:

berryfremont said:
Shhhhhh... You didn't get this from me, but we have a standard list of questions we ask each applicant. I think some are:

Why Dentistry?
Why UMD?
Who's an important role model in your life?
How did you prepare for this interview?
How did you prepare for the DAT? Were you satisfied with your score?
What are your strenghts and weaknesses?

We really have very basic questions, no curve balls. Just be sure to show realistic expectations for dental school and the dental field, enthusiasm, and willingness to buckle down (and don't be a tool).