Maryland Reapplicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you re-applying to Maryland, did you receive an email asking you to submit information regarding what you have done this past year to improve your application.
I was wondering how long this should be, I've only done some more shadowing, and brought up my dat scores. Thanks upfront, Snaggle
 
For those of you re-applying to Maryland, did you receive an email asking you to submit information regarding what you have done this past year to improve your application.
I was wondering how long this should be, I've only done some more shadowing, and brought up my dat scores. Thanks upfront, Snaggle

Just a paragraph or two - that should be enough to explain how you addressed any shortcomings in your application. Essentially they want to know what is different about your application this year relative to last year. Unless someone has truly done a lot in between cycles, I can't see how it could be close to a page in length let alone more than a page...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received that email last friday. I typed up a summary this weekend and it was actually a page or even longer. I discussed the coursework that i had taken since last year, my improved dat scores, my new research experiences and projects, new shadowing experiences, volunteering at various clinics, and the yearlong internship that i started at a prosthodontic practice in may of this year. Hoping to hear back from them!!
 
Just got an interview invite from Maryland today!!! It looks like the first round of interviews... gl everyone!
 
Just got an interview invite from Maryland today!!! It looks like the first round of interviews... gl everyone!

hooray rdm!!!! this is your year, i know it. had you already gotten the same email i got today about what you did this year, then a secondary, then an invite?

CONGRATS :clap::bow::highfive:
 
hooray rdm!!!! this is your year, i know it. had you already gotten the same email i got today about what you did this year, then a secondary, then an invite?

CONGRATS :clap::bow::highfive:

Thanks man - hopefully :xf:

I never received that email - just the secondary...
 
Im a virginia reapplicant, havent heard anything from them except aadsas says it is under review as 9/17.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Snaggletoof, I am also a state resident re-applicant. I received the email about 3 weeks ago, and replied a few days later. Haven't heard anything yet 🙁 . do you know if they send the updated info email to every re-applicant, in state or out of state, or they send it to the ones that are being considered more seriously for interview? I LOVE the school and it is certainly my top priority. I hope to hear good news soon:xf:
 
Snaggletoof, I am also a state resident re-applicant. I received the email about 3 weeks ago, and replied a few days later. Haven't heard anything yet 🙁 . do you know if they send the updated info email to every re-applicant, in state or out of state, or they send it to the ones that are being considered more seriously for interview? I LOVE the school and it is certainly my top priority. I hope to hear good news soon:xf:

hey shem, well it seems there are re-applicants that haven't received the email for more info, so i guess we may be in a little better position then them just because we are residents. did you interview there last year? :luck:
 
I'm an in-stater but I did not receive that e-mail yet. Don't know if thats good thing or a bad thing. Might have something to do with a late DAT submission (late august) either way I'm going to keep an eye on it
 
I'm an in-stater but I did not receive that e-mail yet. Don't know if thats good thing or a bad thing. Might have something to do with a late DAT submission (late august) either way I'm going to keep an eye on it

i re-took my dat on sept. 15th. did you interview at maryland last year?
 
hey snaggletoof, i was wondering how your interview last year went if you dont mind me asking. are you in state?
 
hey snaggletoof, i was wondering how your interview last year went if you dont mind me asking. are you in state?

honestly, it was my first interview and i guess i was nervous. i felt pretty good after i left there, but in hindsight i probably should have been more assertive. i am instate and i have improved my interviewing skills as well as my dat scores considerably. i am really hoping for another try. how about you braven, did you apply last year too? are you a md resident? :luck:
 
for those who care, I got the reapplicant e-mail today. any advice on how long it should be?
 
for those who care, I got the reapplicant e-mail today. any advice on how long it should be?

ovi, i received the email at the beginning of oct. and still havnt heard a thing. i wrote back that day and my aadsas still says waiting for more info or something like that. :luck:
 
ovi, i received the email at the beginning of oct. and still havnt heard a thing. i wrote back that day and my aadsas still says waiting for more info or something like that. :luck:

More info? that sounds odd. mine says received/under review. unless you know why they are waiting for more info, I would call to see whats up
 
More info? that sounds odd. mine says received/under review. unless you know why they are waiting for more info, I would call to see whats up

I've called twice. Two separate women told me that they have everything and I am under review. Who knows...
 
I am still waiting to hear back from them. still I have the waiting for additional info status in AADSAS for almost two weeks now. I called them and they said that they have everything in my file. Does anyone know if they still have spots for pre-dec interview. I am getting more and more worried...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shemshad, i think we're in the same boat. i just called admissions this morning to ask about the additional info status on my AADSAS page and she told me my file will be reviewed at the next committee meeting. I was on the waitlist last year and thought I would definitely get a pre-Dec interview this time. It's not looking too good though... Anyone else?
 
I visited Maryland yesterday for an interview day. Just wanted to add for you that the admissions director who spoke to us told us that we are still "relatively early" in the interview season, and they give out interviews all the way until March. And she has had people who interview in March get acceptance letters. So I know it's a long way away, but they have only begun to interview people 🙂
 
several people posted interviews at maryland today on predents. if anyone here is one of those lucky ones, are you a re-applicant? thanks and congrats :luck: :xf:
 
Got the Secondary App Today!! (Snagggletoof, I know you already saw this from the other thread - thanks for the congrats!)