maryland supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hdp325

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just submitted the supplemental app for Maryland. Back on the main menu, there's a link to print the application I just submitted. When I go to look at it, there are questions on there like work history, impactful experiences, why I want to go into dentistry, etc. These questions weren't on the app I went through and just completed... So all of those questions are left blank w/ no answer.. what's going on??

Members don't see this ad.

Just submitted the supplemental app for Maryland. Back on the main menu, there's a link to print the application I just submitted. When I go to look at it, there are questions on there like work history, impactful experiences, why I want to go into dentistry, etc. These questions weren't on the app I went through and just completed... So all of those questions are left blank w/ no answer.. what's going on??

Maryland only selectively sends out supplements so you may have a hard time getting an answer to your question on here. Call admissions tomorrow

Maryland only selectively sends out supplements so you may have a hard time getting an answer to your question on here. Call admissions tomorrow
gotcha gotcha. It just looks like I submitted an incomplete application so I'm pretty confused

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow I submitted mine yesterday and didn't even notice that :/

gotcha gotcha. It just looks like I submitted an incomplete application so I'm pretty confused
If you call admissions can you let me know what they say? Mine is blank for those sections too.

Yeah I'm so lost because those just randomly showed up out of nowhere. But yeah I'll call tomorrow and let you know

Reactions: 1 users
I am working on it too but did you guys list the study abroad schools too? I also checked the supplemental questions(mine was on gap year, which I am currently on) and I definitely don't see those questions on mine - think it's customized.

I am working on it too but did you guys list the study abroad schools too? I also checked the supplemental questions(mine was on gap year, which I am currently on) and I definitely don't see those questions on mine - think it's customized.
I never studied abroad but I would include those schools. Yeah thats what we are saying. It wasn't listed on our online application we only had the one about a gap year but if you look at the printed version it has additional questions!

same thing happened to me... on the supplemental there are 5 sections which i filled out completely. When I preview the supplemental app there are sections on work experience, classes, why dentistry, etc. that were not part of those sections

same thing happened to me... on the supplemental there are 5 sections which i filled out completely. When I preview the supplemental app there are sections on work experience, classes, why dentistry, etc. that were not part of those sections
Yeah if all of us are having this problem then there's something wrong and this isn't our fault haha I'll call tomorrow

Okay Thank you!!
I never studied abroad but I would include those schools. Yeah thats what we are saying. It wasn't listed on our online application we only had the one about a gap year but if you look at the printed version it has additional questions!
so I just called.. she said those extra questions were supposed to be deleted and that we didn't do anything wrong. The problem is supposedly fixed now!

Reactions: 4 users
so I just called.. she said those extra questions were supposed to be deleted and that we didn't do anything wrong. The problem is supposedly fixed now!
Great! Thank you for calling and letting me know! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
A quick question, what do you mean by "selectively sends out supplements"? This year AADSAS puts supplemental questions of each school into online application. Marlyand has three questions, like why choose dentistry. I assume everyone should answer those questions. Why does this process become selective? or besides these questions, Maryland also sends another link to a few applicants, which I have not received?

A quick question, what do you mean by "selectively sends out supplements"? This year AADSAS puts supplemental questions of each school into online application. Marlyand has three questions, like why choose dentistry. I assume everyone should answer those questions. Why does this process become selective? or besides these questions, Maryland also sends another link to a few applicants, which I have not received?
Only some schools have supplemental in the AADSAS. Not all do. Some schools (like Harvard and possibly Michigan I think for example) first glance at your app or in harvards case invite you for an interview before giving u a supplemental

Yeah a few days after they receive your completed application they will send a supplement if your application meets their criteria. The email says something like "we have carefully reviewed your application and would like to continue with the admissions process." So long story short yes there is a second supplement in addition to the questions on AADSAS.

Looks like they changed the way they do things this year. In previous years, we wouldn't answer supplementals on AADSAS, they would be filled out separately.

Maryland was one of the few schools that would only send out a supplement if they were interested in interviewing you

Yeah a few days after they receive your completed application they will send a supplement if your application meets their criteria. The email says something like "we have carefully reviewed your application and would like to continue with the admissions process." So long story short yes there is a second supplement in addition to the questions on AADSAS.
Thanks all for answering my question. When did you submit your application to Maryland and get your supplement? I submitted mine on June 9th and no response has come yet.

You have received an email this year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks all for answering my question. When did you submit your application to Maryland and get your supplement? I submitted mine on June 9th and no response has come yet.
I submitted my application on June 15th and received the supplement on June 23rd

You have received an email this year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes I received it this year.

Thanks for letting me know. I will wait for a few more days and see if I should make a call.

I just received an email from UMD and it said that they would like to continue the admissions process. They have an application that they ask you to fill out, but there are no supplemental questions that you have to answer, it is just the basic information that they want for themselves. No need to worry that you may have to fill out another app. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
What does the 2nd supplemental consist of? I've already done the AADSAS one, but I'm debating whether I should apply here or not as I already have a ton of other supplementals and the DAT in a few weeks, and I think this is one of the schools with a lower shot of getting into as a CA resident.

Just want to know how intensive it is, thanks!

Looks like they changed the way they do things this year. In previous years, we wouldn't answer supplementals on AADSAS, they would be filled out separately.

Maryland was one of the few schools that would only send out a supplement if they were interested in interviewing you
Hey! Mind opening a conversation with me? tried to pm you once before but no luck. Just had a few questions.

Sorry for being off topic everyone.

What does the 2nd supplemental consist of? I've already done the AADSAS one, but I'm debating whether I should apply here or not as I already have a ton of other supplementals and the DAT in a few weeks, and I think this is one of the schools with a lower shot of getting into as a CA resident.

Just want to know how intensive it is, thanks!
Second supplemental takes only few minutes to fill out, no essays or anything, just basic info and 2x2 picture needed

Reactions: 1 user