Maryland vs. Tufts vs. Nova. vs. NYU vs. CWRU vs. Midwestern Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school would you go to?

• Maryland

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Tufts

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Nova

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • NYU

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Midwestern Arizona

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Case Western

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters

fdzthedentist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I was blessed enough to get six acceptances, but now I'm struggling on which to pick. I'm really thinking about Maryland, because I liked the program and how in state tuition is possible after the first year. I haven't really found any negatives other than the fact that its in Baltimore. Tufts would be my next option, but the price is just insane. Arizona I know produces really competent general dentists and they really promote camaraderie among the students, the facilities were beautiful as well, but again the price is insane. Help please! I'd love to hear any thoughts anyone has on any of these schools, I'm very much open to all of them as they are all great options.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely Maryland or Case

Ditto what blablabla1 says. I am leaning towards Maryland over Case but both are good schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally wasn’t a fan of Maryland, but all your other options are pretty pricey...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, based on cost I'd go Maryland. Their clinics are pretty gorgeous looking as well.

Keep in mind if you pick Maryland, that in-state status is only a possibility not a guarantee. There is a lot of stuff you need to do and prove by certain time points and you cannot make any mistakes along the way.

Keep in mind if you pick Maryland, that in-state status is only a possibility not a guarantee. There is a lot of stuff you need to do and prove by certain time points and you cannot make any mistakes along the way.

Yep, which is why I suggested Case western as well. They cost about as much as UMD OOS for 4 years and they’re a fantastic program with a nice small class size

Reactions: 1 user
What kind of stuff do we need to do besides working and renting in Maryland?

Obviously Maryland. Those other schools are insanely expensive fallbacks for the desperate.