Maryland Waitlist thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Maryland waitlisters-

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us who are anxiously waiting for our phone call so we can join the ranks of UM-Class of 2011 :D

If you hear anything, or move up on the waitlist, POST, so others can be relieved as well.

Best of luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

hello! i just called the admissions office and ms. oliver said that 11 people have been pulled off the waitlist and that they were going to "take 10 more". i have no idea what the heck that meant except maybe they were about to notify 10 more today or something.

so everyone can consider yourself 21 spots higher! good luck to us all :)

It means that either they were accepted at UMB or they've accepted elsewhere.

I believe through early summer they like to keep the waitlist a certain number long, to ensure they have enough people for the class of 2011.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello! i just called the admissions office and ms. oliver said that 11 people have been pulled off the waitlist and that they were going to "take 10 more". i have no idea what the heck that meant except maybe they were about to notify 10 more today or something.

so everyone can consider yourself 21 spots higher! good luck to us all

SWEET! :thumbup:

When i called about a week ago, Ms. Oliver said to call by the end of this week and she'll have a better idea... so I'm restraining myself until then!!

SWEET! :thumbup:

When i called about a week ago, Ms. Oliver said to call by the end of this week and she'll have a better idea... so I'm restraining myself until then!!

Great!!:D

sooooooo...has anyone heard anything? moved up the waitlist...or even got accepted?!!! Please do tell :)

I did not submit my deposit so there is one more spot open for you guys now.
Good luck, hope it goes to an SDNer1:thumbup:

What is the date for MD's deposit. It said two weeks from notification, but is that from the day the emails went out, or the day the packages are received? Hoping for a big push on that day.

today was the last day for deposit payments, but from the info that i got from Ms. Oliver, people are being pulled from the waitlist in groups of 10. hopefully we hear something soon...

What is the date for MD's deposit. It said two weeks from notification, but is that from the day the emails went out, or the day the packages are received? Hoping for a big push on that day.

today was the last day for deposit payments, but from the info that i got from Ms. Oliver, people are being pulled from the waitlist in groups of 10. hopefully we hear something soon...

so they don't call anyone unless there are 10 spots open? hmmmm..

cp5lb: Did you already received any welcome package from UMB already? when did you received them? I responded Ms Oliver weeks ago and still have not received any welcome package that she said will send out soon. not sure how soon.

I haven't been accepted yet. I just assumed that those who had, had recieved some sort of package. Maybe not. I'm still on the waitlist. Anybody call today? No answer when I tried. I'm sure they're getting killed today.

I haven't been accepted yet. I just assumed that those who had, had recieved some sort of package. Maybe not. I'm still on the waitlist. Anybody call today? No answer when I tried. I'm sure they're getting killed today.

I am on waitlist, too. I tried to call yesterday and there was no answer. I sent an email to Ms Oliver and I got the reply saying they are still working on pulling people from the waitlist.
so....I guess we have to wait?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on waitlist, too. I tried to call yesterday and there was no answer. I sent an email to Ms Oliver and I got the reply saying they are still working on pulling people from the waitlist.
so....I guess we have to wait?

i'm still waiting too...if anyone hears anything definite with regard to open spots please post!!!

bumpity bump! today is 3/16...the day after deposits should've been made!!!

{aren't we a nice obsessive group in here :laugh: }

ok, just called...apparently ms. oliver's not there today... so.. we'll just have to wait til monday!!

have a good weekend everybody!

ok, just called...apparently ms. oliver's not there today... so.. we'll just have to wait til monday!!

have a good weekend everybody!

not what i wanted to hear, but thanks for the update...have a nice weekend.

I just received the email from Ms Oliver. The Acceptance Letter!!!!
I am so suprised because I thought she is off today.
Anyways, good to know they are sending out the acceptance letters to waitlisted ppl. Good luck everyone!

I just received the email from Ms Oliver. The Acceptance Letter!!!!
I am so suprised because I thought she is off today.
Anyways, good to know they are sending out the acceptance letters to waitlisted ppl. Good luck everyone!

what number were you on the waitlist? good to hear that people are getting accepted!

i was #24 on the waitlist and i just got accepted today. i will be calling on monday to see what if baltimore is available. if my only choice is shady grove then i will be going to midwestern-chicago.

:clap: I got the acceptance letter too!!!:clap:

I was under the impression that both campuses were available at this point...?:confused:

:clap: I got the acceptance letter too!!!:clap:

I was under the impression that both campuses were available at this point...?:confused:

yeah i'll be taking the seat if baltimore is still available. if its shady grove then i'll probably pass.

anyone know the status of the seats available?

Got mine today too. Soooooo relieved. :) I requested Baltimore also, but I think they go right down the rankings. So, it depends on how many people are ahead of you I guess. Who knows when we find that out?

Got mine today too. Soooooo relieved. :) I requested Baltimore also, but I think they go right down the rankings. So, it depends on how many people are ahead of you I guess. Who knows when we find that out?

Congrats guys! There is still a chance that Baltimore is still open! My best suggestion is to call bright and early in the morning and try to catch Ms. Oliver before anyone else! hehe. Sometimes when you call her direct number she doesn't pick up. You can also call the admissions office and be transferred to her.

Good luck! I hope to see you in June for orientation :)

Oh DrSal - To explain: campus preference were picked by the first 120 students accepted. After that, everyone else would pick their campus of choice, if there is still a choice. So there is still a chance that Baltimore is open, if a lot of students picked Shady Grove.

i was number 29 and i got a letter too. they weren't kidding when they said they take in about 50 ppl from waitlist. i hope baltimore campus is still open too.

Did anyone on the waitlist get accepted with a number in the 50's??

I'm trying to figure out where I stand.

Thanks!

Pursue- i was in the 20s on the waitlist as well..

it is 9:16 on Monday March 19th. I just spoke to Ms Oliver. They still have openings at the baltimore campus. I am just paid my deposit and she marked me down for Baltimore.

Don't give up people, its not over yet. :)

what number were you on the waitlist? good to hear that people are getting accepted!

I was on #8 and I just spoke to Ms. Oliver. Yes! Baltimore is still open!

please continue to post as you get accepted from the waitlist...some of us are still waiting!!

so...... anyone else been accepted yet?

Hey guys,

I am currently on a "post-interview" hold. On the Mayland site under FAQs it says that every year students are accepted who were on hold status at some point in the process. Does anyone know how many people were on the hold list last year, and how many people on the hold list were accepted last year?

Thanks

Hey guys,

I am currently on a "post-interview" hold. On the Mayland site under FAQs it says that every year students are accepted who were on hold status at some point in the process. Does anyone know how many people were on the hold list last year, and how many people on the hold list were accepted last year?

Thanks

not sure, but students will be pulled from the waitlist again thursday or friday. you might want to call at the end of next week to see what your status is. hopefully this week brings good news for those of us still anxiously waiting... :luck:

at the interview they told us that last year, there were 50 ppl on the waitlist and 51 ppl got accepted. i dont know if that means 1 person from the hold list or if there were more because people dropped off the waitlist....

what are your stats?... for those wait listed or accepted?? it will help alot

Congrats. See you in august.:thumbup:

Right, can't wait to be welcomed. Now to find a place to live.

yay!!! congrats pursue :)

what's on June 4th?

Welcome packets will not be going out until May - the incoming class needs to be solidified first. check the website for updated information.

This is the email I received:

"As far as the waitlist goes, as of today we are on number 66 out of 91. I'll be accepting more people tomorrow. Basically, the process involves:

1) Sending out acceptance letters and wait two weeks for individuals to respond by paying their deposit.
2) The day after the deposit is due, we will offer acceptances to those individuals that we have not heard from. The first two rounds had over 20 people pulled off the waitlist. Now that we are getting closer, the number of acceptances for each round is getting smaller. For example, today is a deadline for deposits and I have yet to hear from 5 people. If I don't receive deposits by the end of today then I will accept 5 more people tomorrow. The next deadline for deposits will be on April 30th.

Currently, the Baltimore campus is full and acceptances will be going to the Shady Grove campus.

We have a hold list in case we get through the waitlist. Last year we pulled three people off the hold list.

Good luck!"

Last edited:
:) see you all june 4th :)