1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Maryland

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Kdiddy, May 8, 2007.

1. Kdiddy

Kdiddy Kobe-Jack 24
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Does Maryland weigh the PAT highly when they consider out of state students? I have a 20AA and GPA around 3.9. I am above average everywhere else except the pat and math (16 each). Is it worth applying from New Orleans, LA?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SHC1984

SHC1984 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I called Maryland before and they told me they prefer students with 18 across the board. 20 AA sounds good, but they want you to have at least a 18 on all sections. LL, UoP, Harvard are the other three schools that told me they want 18 across the board. I hope this helps! :)

4. apaul

apaul Some Dude
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i agree, the 16's are pretty shady and will hurt you, I have a good friend that rocked the science sections but got a similar QR score and got 1 interview and no acceptances so take that how you want. I would recommend retaking the dat but thats my opinion

5. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    If you're really interested in maryland, then apply. Maryland does get a large volume of applicants, and you may be screened out b/c of those low PAT and QR scores. who knows.... you're better off asking the school.

Just a little FYI... I got an interview at maryland with a 17 PAT.

good luck, jb!:)

6. Bocci Balls

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Those scores are a bit low. But I did get waitlisted at Maryland with a 17 in QR.

Has anyone heard from maryland since the begining of this month?

7. burton117

burton117 The Big Kahuna
    10+ Year Member

Nothing here...

8. dentist-to-be

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It is possible to get in. I had a 23 AA but low 17 on PAT :( . I got accepted at Maryland on the round of people that got invited and did not undergo a formal interview. My GPA could have helped greatly but I wouldn't call it impossible to get in with your stats. Unfortunately, I had to give my spot there away even though I liked it a lot.

9. dentistry2011

dentistry2011 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

i also had a 16 PAT score 20 AA and I was accepted. so honestly, dont give up hope, just apply!

10. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    i talked to dr. meehan and she said there hasn't been very much movement in the waitlist yet.

jb!:)