Marymount University Meet and Greet

Started by VCUDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VCUDPT

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Im new to the SDN and have lots of questions and concerns about PT school!! Like everyone I am insanely nervous and just want to know!

I got an email this morning from Marymount University with an invitation to a meet and greet session. I was wondering if other people who applied to MU received this email as well or if this means something regarding the admission process.
 
I also applied to Marymount and got the same email. Pretty sure it's just an info session for those who've applied. Making sure everyone is on the same page.
 
I went two years ago. You get to meet some of the faculty and the students. They'll tell you what it's like to go to MU. The only problem is parking. I think I ended up paying $10 to park so get there early and find reasonable parking.

Anyway, definitely go if you're interested in the program.

Kevin
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish I could attend 🙁 but its not worth the money to do so...since its just a meet and greet. I would be flying in from Seattle
 
I just taked to a recent MU DPT graduate and they say the top 100 applicants get aasked to the meet and greets. So yay us.
 
I just taked to a recent MU DPT graduate and they say the top 100 applicants get aasked to the meet and greets. So yay us.

I can't see myself as a top 100 applicant but if this true than thats awesome! Your guys was the UM Health Professions Info Session for Wednesday November 6 right?
 
I can't see myself as a top 100 applicant but if this true than thats awesome! Your guys was the UM Health Professions Info Session for Wednesday November 6 right?
Yep! I didn't see myself as one either but after talking to a grad, Marymount really does look at the whole application not just weed applicants out by GPA. See you there!
 
I don't want to crash the party or anything, but MU interviews close to 200 students and only accepts 36. I don't know what they're looking for but it's a competitive program. Good luck!

Kevin