Massage Table

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sidabear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any DO students out there: I found a massage table for cheap at a thrift store, it is in great condition. Would it be worth carting out a massage table to practice OMM on outside of school?

Members don't see this ad.

Any DO students out there: I found a massage table for cheap at a thrift store, it is in great condition. Would it be worth carting out a massage table to practice OMM on outside of school?

You by no means need it, but if it's a killer deal and it's not gigantic it probably isn't a bad idea. You'll need to practice so not having to go to school to use the tables might be useful. Your mileage may vary on that one.

That said, I don't have one and don't plan on getting one because I've gotten along fine without it. You'd be surprised how much you can get done with some foot rests or a couch.

Yeah i would never waste my money on one. You can use a couch or bed pretty easily.

Members don't see this ad :)
yup don't really need one. unless....you happen to be planing on opening an OMM clinic in the future.

I practiced OMM with my boyfriend and often wished I had a table. I'm planning on looking for a cheap one online. As others said, you dont need it, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have one.

I probably wouldn't have purchased one on my own, but my school includes an OMM table as part of our tuition. That said, it has come in pretty handy whenever I work on my wife at home. Like others have mentioned, it's not necessary to have one but they do come in handy from time to time. I'd recommend waiting until you actually get a few months of OMM under your belt before running out and buying a table though.

Thanks for your advice. It's been bought by someone else, but guess I won't be missing it too much. Couches or beds will work just fine.

Hey ladies, come over to my apartment to practice OMM :thumbup:

a massage table does not have as firm of a frame as an OMT table which does make a difference for some things like HVLA. Also as others have said you really don't need one unless you really get into the OMT.