Massey Vet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schrodingerr

VMCRVM c/o 2015!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Helllo all :)

Anyone one out there studied/studying at Massey in NZ? I am really interested in going to the NZ and would love to hear about experience at school, the people, living there etc...

Thank yoU!!

P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this website, I am getting ready to apply to vet school this summer and it is so comforting that Im not the only one suffering from major anxiety

Members don't see this ad.

Schrodingerr-I am so glad you asked about this. I apologize for not answering your question and instead asking another question. I know there has been at least one other Massey thread in this forum, but any and all of people's most recent insight is certainly valuable.

Has anyone gone the route of completing their prerequisites during the semester before the program starts? I am currently taking pre-reqs piecemeal as my finances/work schedule allows. Can anyone speak about the benefit/disadvantage of that first semester of study?

Thank you!

Hey so I'm not going to Massey, just to let you know.

However, here is a pro/con list for Massey that had been started on a previous thread for pro/cons at all schools from people currently attending.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7390850&postcount=19

I had an acceptance into the 2nd semester program.

From what I remember, I think the 2nd semester was the safer route. The 1st semester program is slightly longer, but covers a few classes. Provided you pass those classes and do well, you can be invited into the program. However, if you don't do well, you will not be accepted into their program for vet school. So, 1st semester is a toss up, basically. You are competing for spots since they can't let everyone in due to the number of seats available, even if everyone does exceptionally well. The 2nd semester is an acceptance into the program.

Hey, I'm in the midst of study for the boards, so can't post too extensively, also its been a little while since I was in first year.

Click on my name to see prior posts. And I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have.

As for New Zealand, I think a lot of North Americans have a love-hate relationship with the country. It's like stepping off the plane and 20 years back in time.