Master Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderdude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any 1 year, masters program that would be beneficial for dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

depends on your area.........
umdnj has one, great program, can finish in 1 year w/o thesis.
BU has a good one, pretty expensive, and thesis is REQUIRED.
i think barry (FL?) has one as well.

good luck.

depends on your area.........
umdnj has one, great program, can finish in 1 year w/o thesis.
BU has a good one, pretty expensive, and thesis is REQUIRED.
i think barry (FL?) has one as well.

good luck.

Nova has ones as does Tulane. Search for SMP, I know Georgetown has one, too, my fellow Minnesotaner

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been told that Loyola U in Chicago has a good one, but that is about all I know about it.... I go to Barry University in Miami, FL. So far, I am really happy with it and if you get good grades and graduate in the one year, you are a shoe in at NOVA. I would recommend it highly! Georgetown requires you to take the MCAT to get into their SMP program so if you want to go there, take the MCAT. Good Luck!

Georgetown has a masters that is one year no thesis required. I did it as I was applying to dental school and got in to dental school during that year of the masters.

I_thought_the_one_year_was_just_a_certificate?_Two_years_for_the_master's...

Midwestern University has both an MA (1 year; non-thesis) and MS (2 year; thesis) program. It is a VERY good program in that you are taking classes at MU where there is a medical school, dental school, PA program, pharmacy program, and many many more. I would recommend it!