Master programs for dental students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatsmile

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am a senior in college right now
the schools I have found so far are:
Barry
Rugters
Midwestern
Tulane
Tufts

Do ya'll know any more master programs that are beneficial for pre dental students. and if ya'll have information/ reviews on the schools mentioned above please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
BU - OHS
NYU - Oral Biology
VCU CERT
Baylor has one too

Barry has a good record of getting students into dental school. However, certain schools would want you to do a thesis.

Members don't see this ad :)
Iowa State! I applied with my DAT but they accept MCAT scores. Super easy application. Affordable out of state tuition. August-may. I got a killer GPA first semester, sent it to dental schools and was accepted soon after!

Reactions: 1 users
Iowa State! I applied with my DAT but they accept MCAT scores. Super easy application. Affordable out of state tuition. August-may. I got a killer GPA first semester, sent it to dental schools and was accepted soon after!

Would you mind linking the specific program you applied into? Many thanks!

What was your undergrad oGPA and sGPA like before you entered into this masters program? What about your DAT score? Sorry for the questions. I'm just very intrigued in actually heavily considering this program if I don't get in during the first cycle I apply to dental school, and am trying to measure how my stats stack up against someone who went through this program and is now accepted into a dental school.

EDIT: One other question; how much is OOS tuition for the program?

George Mason University/Georgetown Advanced Biomedical Sciences. I am currently enrolled and absolutely love this program. Its a 9 month program at George Mason and you have the option to finish up a Masters in Physiology during the summer at Georgetown University. They do not require you to take the DAT before applying. They also offer a built in DAT prep course during the spring semester.

https://georgesquared.gmu.edu/graduate-cert-adv-biomed-sci-curriculum/

Reactions: 1 users
I attended Rutgers, completed in one year no thesis. It helped me get into dental school. Make sure if don't do thesis you are doing other work like research and volunteer at the graduate school.

Hey! I'm currently a student at Barry University's Biomedical Sciences Masters program and definitely recommend the program. I did the 18 month track and will be graduating in May and and starting medical school in the Fall. Here are two threads that have more information about the program:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ences-masters-program-fall-2015-2016.1121737/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ences-masters-program-fall-2015-2016.1120251/

Let me know if you have any questions about the program.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys!

I am a senior in college right now and just switched from DO to Dental track. Im a neuroscience major.
I am looking into master programs ( non thesis 1 year program ) where I can submit a MCAT score for a pre-dental track. I do not have a DAT score nor a GRE score. I'm not looking for a post-bacc program because of my science undergrad major.
I want to apply within this next few weeks for the fall 2015 school year.

the schools I have found so far are:
Barry
Rugters
Midwestern
Tulane
Tufts

Do ya'll know any more master programs that are beneficial for pre dental students. and if ya'll have information/ reviews on the schools mentioned above please let me know!

Hey!
I am in the BMS program at Barry. I am in the 18month dental track. I definitely recommend coming to barry if you are trying to get into dental school! if you have any questions about the program, classes or anything else let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone! I applied to Barry and Rugters U for the dental scholars program. Im looking into George Mason. If you have more info on it that would be great!

When you are at Rutgers make sure you take Oral Micro, Oral Immuno, and Oral Dental biochem. Don't take Dental Physiology because I heard it was extremely intense. These are the courses you will take with 1st year Dental students so make sure you do well in them. The only cons I see in this program is the location. I hate Newark city with all my heart, but I love the faculty members here. They are very helpful.

Reactions: 3 users
How are the midwestern programs for the 1 years masters program?

Can I ask how much tuition is there? I've been looking for it on their website but it doesn't seem to show it.

Can I ask how much tuition is there? I've been looking for it on their website but it doesn't seem to show it.
~$23,000 covers tuition and books. I'm doing this program if I miss on acceptances during my first application cycle. I'll shoot you a PM with a PDF file of the costs associated with the school.

I applied to Barry, Rutgers, and Midwestern in AZ.