Master Thesis Subject

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr-Junior

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm an Anesthesia resident who choosed to study a part-time MBA Healthcare. I'm now in the phase of choosing a theme for my master thesis. The topic should be medical with an economic relevance to costs or time and I prefer doing it in anesthesia as I will be having the data.

I would be grateful doing some brainstorming in here.

Members don't see this ad.

What about "Future Earning Potential of Anesthesia Residents Who Ask Others to Do Their Homework for Them VS Future Earning Potential of Anesthesia Residents Who are Self-Sufficient and Self-Motivated?"

Reactions: 4 users
Take this "study" that the AANA paid for and published and run it with real numbers. Hours anesthesiologists actually work compared to cRNas, breaks or lack there of, and cost to insurance companies and Medicare (shocker: the billing is exactly the same) and cost to patients (shocker: since the billing is the same, the copay/coinsurance cost is the same).

http://www.lewin.com/content/dam/Lewin/Resources/AANA-CEA-May2016.pdf
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/77cb/4f3d73203c24e36b00da72db80ff442bbd2c.pdf

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everybody,

I'm an Anesthesia resident who choosed to study a part-time MBA Healthcare. I'm now in the phase of choosing a theme for my master thesis. The topic should be medical with an economic relevance to costs or time and I prefer doing it in anesthesia as I will be having the data.

I would be grateful doing some brainstorming in here.

There are literally dozens of potential projects ranging from the day-to-day OR flow all the way up to the macro legislative level, but you'd probably get more feedback if you actually posted some original ideas you came up with instead of soliciting others to do your work.

Reactions: 1 user