Masters Degree During Gap Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ember1211

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on applying to PT school this year (August-September) and I am also on track to finish my bachelor's degree this August. Most PT schools will start either May or August of next year (2018). I'm debating on if I should pursue a 30-credit hour masters degree during my gap year (3 semesters). The only issue is that it will prevent me from attending any school that starts in May 2018, and I would be limited to PT schools that start in August 2018.

The masters degree is in Management, which I'm hoping will give me a leg up in the future if I want to pursue the business/administration side of PT. I am also thinking that it would be a good back-up plan if I don't get accepted to PT school.

I'm really confused on what I should do because like I said, it limits where I would be able to attend/apply.

Any advice and/or input would be very helpful!!

Members don't see this ad.

In your case, I wouldn't limit your options. Get a job and work a ton and save to keep debt down.