Masters Degree During Gap Year

Started by Ember1211
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ember1211

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm planning on applying to PT school this year (August-September) and I am also on track to finish my bachelor's degree this August. Most PT schools will start either May or August of next year (2018). I'm debating on if I should pursue a 30-credit hour masters degree during my gap year (3 semesters). The only issue is that it will prevent me from attending any school that starts in May 2018, and I would be limited to PT schools that start in August 2018.

The masters degree is in Management, which I'm hoping will give me a leg up in the future if I want to pursue the business/administration side of PT. I am also thinking that it would be a good back-up plan if I don't get accepted to PT school.

I'm really confused on what I should do because like I said, it limits where I would be able to attend/apply.

Any advice and/or input would be very helpful!!