Master's Degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgrl2984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have searched old threads on this topic but was looking for something more recent. So this will be my 3rd time applying come June 3rd, Im a non-traditional student 3.3 oGPA and sGPA with 18 DAT and 16 PAT, tons of ECs and working as an orthodontic asst for 5+ yrs. I am retaking DAT...but when asking schools what i could do to further strengthen my app, some said increase PAT and some said I may want to enroll in masters program. Does anyone have an experience recently with this??? I am really not wanting to do a 1 yr masters and take on that debt and then dental school debt, but maybe it is worth it, I dunno? I was also a late applicant (September due to a LOR) but I have everything ready for June now. I did have 1 interview in January.

So does having a masters greatly increase my chance with retaking DAT or just re-take DAT with better score and apply?
:confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I think part of it depends on how well you can improve your DAT, but overall, I really think an SMP could have a significant impact. I did a program two years ago, and I know of several classmates who got into dental school this cycle.