Masters in Australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

simbaismydog

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone 🙂
I'm studying Veterinary Science in India. I'm in my 4th Year and have another year to go before I complete my degree.
As opposed to DVM, the UG degree they offer here is called Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.). It is a 5 year course, which includes a 6 month Internship prgramme.
My ambition is to work as a Vet in a Zoo or Sanctuary.
I am interested to apply for a Masters' degree in Australia, U.K. or the U.S. in Wildlife, or Clinincal Medicine or Surgery.
I am not sure how the system works there, or how the departments are classified. Also, I have heard that a B.V.Sc degree may not be accepted abroad and that you need to appear for certain exams for it to be accepted. I have an average CGPA, not excellent.
Can anyone please guide me as to how I should go about it😕?
Also, is it really essential I do a masters? Will I be eligible for an externship in any zoo or veterinary clinic abraod after I complete my degree?
Thanks a lot in advance🙂.
 
Last edited: