Masters in Behavioral Science, what to do with it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Outlanding

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

My friend has a Masters in Behavioral Science and needs advice on what to do with the degree. I suggested Counseling but looks like one needs a degree Counseling Psychology. I'm also thinking community college professor. What do you guys suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

Did your friend have an idea of what they wanted to do when they applied for the degree?

Rather than just listing jobs that someone can possibly pursue with that type of a degree (which can extend to literally any position that just wants to see you have a college education), I would think it be best for your friend to consider what type of career they would like and work backwards to see if they can accomplish it with that degree or maybe need to pursue a doctorate or a certificate program or something.

Hi everyone

My friend has a Masters in Behavioral Science and needs advice on what to do with the degree. I suggested Counseling but looks like one needs a degree Counseling Psychology. I'm also thinking community college professor. What do you guys suggest?

Why would one go to grad school and earn an MA without considering this first? He may be able to work at a community college or as a research coordinator. He will not be able to do therapy without a license, which would likely require more school and supervised experience. He may be able to get case management jobs as well.

Reactions: 1 users